1K     0 
News   May 27, 2024
 857     1 
News   May 27, 2024
 4.9K     3 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling that his death would be akin to the passing of Sir Winston Churchill. The accolades, the tributes, the canonization, and all the tears at the passing of a great man .... there will be nary a mention of crack, association with gangsters, spousal abuse, racist rants, drug-induced threats to kill unnamed people, drunk driving and peeing in the park (I'm sure I've missed many others). Just like Churchill's faults are forgotten, so will Rob The Great's weaknesses be forgiven and forgotten in his selfless pursuit of Respect for The Taxpayer.

We've already been through that with Jim Flaherty. And Rob Ford's no Jim Flaherty.

Exactly. This guy went on a wicked bender & woke up in the drunk tank. More of a Ralph Klein moment. For a councillor, this type of stuff, while not ideal is relatively easy to forgive. Rob & Doug, on the other hand, are pure evil spirited, lunk-headed, self-serving, wife beating, manipulative, lying, cheating, degenerate...

Well, you get the idea.

He's got a long way to go if he wants to ascend into Ford Nation territory.

Ford is often compared to the late Marion Barry. The latter mayor ended up going to jail though and even managed to get re-elected after that!

If Doug is as interested in politics as he claims, and can demonstrate some patience, he could generate some interest if he takes a run at federal PC leadership. Why? Because there aren't enough Red Tories left to push the Cons back into the "natural Canadian middle" (thank you PoliSci 101), and if FPTP gets revisited, Harpo's party will become the Tea Party rump of the disgruntled far right, never to be elected. What career politician is gonna want that job?

An opportunist OTOH might find it interesting for other reasons, like self-importance or being "a political family". If Towhey's Tales are anything to go by, Doug is already trying to measure what kind of "goodwill" his brother can give him for his future career of self-importance.

And am I alone in finding it interesting that Blair "independently" appointed Retired Judge Gonet to investigate 2 G20 complaints against cops at the same time the whole Crack Mayor Scandal was an ongoing international phenom?
it makes me feel dumb, but i never thought of the overlapping timing of that before. it is curious.

looks like krista's somewhere warm too... muscle beach, how fitting.
krista muscle beach.JPG

https://instagram.com/p/94usPFJP5Z/

Attachments

• krista muscle beach.JPG
    krista muscle beach.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 669
Last edited:
Is it just me, or is it my exposure mainly through these kinds of FoFam reposts, or has Instagram worked out to be just about the most inane realm of electronic social media? Like, it's to social media what Architectural Digest is to architecture, or something...

I have a feeling that his death would be akin to the passing of Sir Winston Churchill. The accolades, the tributes, the canonization, and all the tears at the passing of a great man .... there will be nary a mention of crack, association with gangsters, spousal abuse, racist rants, drug-induced threats to kill unnamed people, drunk driving and peeing in the park (I'm sure I've missed many others). Just like Churchill's faults are forgotten, so will Rob The Great's weaknesses be forgiven and forgotten in his selfless pursuit of Respect for The Taxpayer.

Just as long as we don't get a statue of Rob.

Well if we do, they should put it in one of those children's playparks whose funding he opposed but nevertheless showed up at the official opening. Or outside the Steak Queen.

Somewhere that gets lots of pigeons and/or seagulls. Also, statues don't always have to be standing. It could be one of him passed out on the Danforth or in front of the Bier Markt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back