News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 463     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

It was given to everyones door from the owner of a unit here,and believe the lawyer is a resident of the place,it's about the poor construction and lack of care and how the problems here are taking forever and also how bad shape the rooftop is,full of weeds and the state of the parking lot.

I didn't receive anything too
It was given to everyones door from the owner of a unit here,and believe the lawyer is a resident of the place,it's about the poor construction and lack of care and how the problems here are taking forever and also how bad shape the rooftop is,full of weeds and the state of the parking lot.

So we have a lawyer somwhere in the building? Does anyone now who or what unit they're in... I need a lawyer!

This is sad(not surprised) we all need to send emails to mike Miguel and tell him our stories and tell him we will have legal action vs norstar. Send emails to our local counselor and tell them the same,as it's election time, just remind them they may have the whole building voting against them.

I am tired of paying rent, last my mortage guy said that it should be in nov or dec to register,I'm sending him a email and asking for a update, I expect to hear more delay yada yada yada,soon it will be a yr since we moved in at this rate.
I have been on then for mths on fixing my balcony it has footsteps and looks disgusting, I just want this to end

Ummmm.. if we don;t register doesn't that mean we keep paying our occupancy fees and we don;t start paying down our mortages...Why should we do something that costs us more money

Ummmm.. if we don;t register doesn't that mean we keep paying our occupancy fees and we don;t start paying down our mortages...Why should we do something that costs us more money

Ya I'm sick and dam tired of paying rent,if I wanted to pay rent I would rent a appartment not buy a condo,I would love to tell them I'm not paying rent until I see papers that were registered, they deserve this.... We don't. I can not encourage people enough to create a ruckus with norstar,and our mpp and other councilors

thats why you need to put pressure now...what woudl you rather do - let them off the hook and then we as owners have to deal with all the shit they didnt fix? replacing the carpets - fixing the leaks - dealing with uneven walkway and cracked stones upstairs -if you dont care about the structure of the building thats fine - just keep in mind that as owners - we have to pay to fix these issues -yes- they have a year to fix them - but we also have a winter and spring to endure with all the leaks everywhere - staircases - underground parking -you need to go down there - its disgusting. I just want out of this hell hole.

i have already written to Mike miguel - what steps have you takeN? you need to threaten to take this matter to the media - your mpp - ford - but i really dont think norstar cares - something is up...i wouldnt be surprised if after they register and get their money they wipe their hands clean of this building

the last time i checked i signed where it said "purchaser" - which means i am technically an owner - dont get the whole rent thing either -the whole law needs to change...there is no protection for us

Didn't anyone check out Norstar before they bought a unit in one of their buildings? Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but this is what they are known for in Toronto: shoddy, fall-apart workmanship and a lack of maintenance. You should have gone with used units built by reputable builders - then you'd be in a better part of the city as well! My building is 26 years old, the units are huge, maintenance is perfect, and nothing is dirty/shoddy/old-fashioned/falling in/apart. Why did you buy in this building?

I just want to weigh in here...I am actually pretty happy with my unit, I think the lobby turned out well, and like the neighbours I have met so far. I wonder if some of the things like fire alarms going off in the beginning, elevator issues etc. can be expected with any new build. I agree there are things that can be improved, and we need to push for action on these (carpet in halls, repairing leaks), but any new building going up has things to be worked out. I just think we should keep it in perspective :)

nicely put INEBG. I'm not an owner here but it sounds like most of the people who are venting here are probably first time buyers? and dove in head first without knowing exactly what to expect and are now freaking out. Most new buildings take a while to iron out the kinks and to fix/repair everything before things start running smoothly.

I have to agree with the last two posts - the complainers have to be first time buyers as well as new to buying pre-construction. angry you don't seem to have any clue on how new condos and tarion work - tarion is to protect buyers not the builders and the builder needs to address all deficiencies even after registration

I owned a unit at 33 Harbour Square - Bay & Queens Quay. That building is over 30 years old and it was immaculate!!! 24 hours security...clean, well maintained...then wemoved to Forest Hilll - we intended to sell this unit and you can do so by assignment sale - they refused! They also told us we couldnt rent or lease...so we had to move here...this is the worse building i have ever seen constructed! I have pictures that will shock many people...and for all the idiots out here who think this is acceptable...it is not! We were promised certain things IN WRITING and they did not deliver on any of it! They used substandard materials (many believe recycled!) and cut many corners! They promised 24 hour security -and there is no one on site after 4. And no one on site on the weekends! Even in a rental you have someone on site 24/7! They have one cleaner who leaves at 1 - what the hell? There is no unit for a full time manager as they were going to leave a unit for a manager and elected to sell it! As for the people who say Tarion is here to "protect us" - what a bunch of shit! They will NOT come out to look at deficiencies unless you pay a deposit of 282.50! Then they come and if they dont find any outstanding deficiences they keep your deposit! If they find any outstanding deficiencies - they provider with an additional 30 days to fix them - thats 5 months of living in a shit hole - because that is how the built most of our units! They cut corners and got this building up fast so they can get us in here to start collecting rent -we haev several areas in this building where there are leaks!!! Huge holes in the ceilings! They are doing nothing about it! This has nothing to do about being a FIRST TIME BUYER...it has to do with failure to deliver on promises! They didnt even clean our units or balconies before occupancy - which they are supposed to do!!! They didnt sand or smooth it out because they knew it would take time and cost money and a delay in occupying! Worst company I have ever dealt with!

Back