News   Apr 26, 2024
 2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 436     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Hey bloom

Ya I've been looking for it also, anyone know about some places to sit up there or bbqs,also I don't see any trash bins, I know Alexandra can't do much with norstar running the show

Also en care or whatever the name is are a ripoff, there prices are too much, there delivery charges are a joke,are we stuck with them for a yr, if not they got to go,other places have time rates and ect.

So it looks like we have a new property management company...

Any speculations as to why? I somehow doubt the fire alarm incident would have caused a major change such as this...

Not sure, but this seems happened rather suddenly. I was discussing with Alexandra regarding some issues and not done with the issue and suddenly she told me she'll not be our property manager anymore.

BTW what happened to the Sauna that we suppose to get on top floor? Anyone asked Norstar?

If you remember we all got letters about our complaints about ect ect, and I assume norstar decided to fire malvern,only thing I can think of,if I'm right it's sad Bc I had no issues with Alexandra or malvern, and if you ever spoke to her you would know she had very little control

And as for the sauna, no clue, not that it matters now

I'm pretty sure you're close to the mark, OEW. That letter from Norstar and the letter from the new property manager were awfully close together. I'm not sure how that relates to Malvern getting sacked though. The letter was sent to Norstar, directly from one of the condo owners. It didn't go through Alexandra at all. How could Malvern possibly have any control over that?

I wondered about the sauna too. I doubt the changerooms are going to get much use from people who own units in the building. I'd much rather just have a shower in my own place. My guess is that the sauna was going to cost too much to put in so they nixed it and we got the "library" instead.

Not sure, but this seems happened rather suddenly. I was discussing with Alexandra regarding some issues and not done with the issue and suddenly she told me she'll not be our property manager anymore.

BTW what happened to the Sauna that we suppose to get on top floor? Anyone asked Norstar?

Hey guys

Anyone had any talks with the new property manager? Also anyone know when we are going to pay our mortage and not rent?

Also waiting for norstar to come repaint my balcony as there are footprints all over,ugh

Anyone have any storys or any news to share?

Howdy Neighbours,

Hope everyone is enjoying their new place. I see that the new property manager is cracking her whip. After reading the memo posted by the mailboxes detailing all the stuff that have been going on, I don't blame her one bit. I am especially "fond of" all the STUPID PEOPLE around here who throw things off their balconies and let their kids throw stones off the roof and use the weight room as a playground. What's wrong with these people!!!!

Time to nip such behaviour in the bud. Obviously, not everyone understands condo living.

The change rooms in the exercise facility had NO soap, paper towels or toilet paper. That's unacceptable. If that's the way they want to maintain things, then it's disappointing. I hope this was just a short term oversight.

The quality of tenants plays a big role in the overall experience of the condo as well, I can't believe that our hallway carpet was ruined the first week they install it on 5th floor, some people have a leaking garbage bag when they taking their garbage out, and now it just look horrible around elevator. Some unit owners let their kids stay up until 3:00 AM!! I can even hear they running and dropping heavy stuff all the time after 10:00PM. When I approach them regarding this they even ask me "do you sleep this early? is 11:00PM work for you??" What's wrong with these people that can't follow the simple rules of condo living?

Anyhow, anybody notice the water in stairs after the thunderstorm yesterday? I hope it is not another leak but strong wind blow rain into the stairs from the door on top floor.

Hey All,

Marco, it just so happens that it was a flood. I had to call Valerie yesterday because my ac hasn't been working for 4 days now. (This is the second time since June.) Sigh. She told me that she wasn't able to get back to me because there was a flood that she had to deal with. I guess that was it. There have been several floods in the building since we moved in. Really inspires confidence, doesn't it?

I'm also really upset about the carpet in the hallways. I live on the second floor and it looks terrible there too. I know tile is more expensive but it's a lot less so in the long term than carpet which has to be steam cleaned and replaced a hell of a lot more often than tile. At least a good mopping will clean tiles! I'm not sure why the 1st and 7th floor hallways are tiled while the rest of the floors are carpeted anyway.

Nels, that is really disappointing to hear that the change rooms aren't being maintained well. What's the point of having them there then? To be honest, I really don't see the point of having them anyway. The toilets, maybe but I just go back to my condo to have a shower and change. My guests would also shower and change in my condo. Those rooms seems kind of pointless to me.

Koff, I admit that I am one of the people who brought kids to the fitness room. I was showing my nephews around when they came to visit but that was honestly because I didn't realize kids were not allowed in that room. I have no problems keeping them out of there in the future. The much more concerning point of Valerie's letter was people throwing rocks off of the roof! I'm not just going to blame that on kids. Any stupid person could do that for a lark. I'm also concerned that none of the rooftop furniture is bolted down. What happens if someone wants to throw that off the roof or if there are really strong winds! The rooftop chairs and tables aren't exactly wrought iron! Someone could be seriously hurt!

The quality of tenants plays a big role in the overall experience of the condo as well, I can't believe that our hallway carpet was ruined the first week they install it on 5th floor, some people have a leaking garbage bag when they taking their garbage out, and now it just look horrible around elevator. Some unit owners let their kids stay up until 3:00 AM!! I can even hear they running and dropping heavy stuff all the time after 10:00PM. When I approach them regarding this they even ask me "do you sleep this early? is 11:00PM work for you??" What's wrong with these people that can't follow the simple rules of condo living?

Anyhow, anybody notice the water in stairs after the thunderstorm yesterday? I hope it is not another leak but strong wind blow rain into the stairs from the door on top floor.

Bloomingsmurf,

My comment was not directed at parents who wish to use the gym, but who do not have a sitter for their kids. I have no problem with kids being in the gym, per se. However, I see parents, who are not even working out, while having 3 and 5 year olds run wild kicking the exercise balls around, lifting the tiny dumbells and playing on the threadmill. Just last week, I saw a little girl fall from the threadmill while her dad, who was closeby on his cell phone, thought it was funny. I also agree that the furniture on the roof should be bolted to the structure.

Hey All,

Marco, it just so happens that it was a flood. I had to call Valerie yesterday because my ac hasn't been working for 4 days now. (This is the second time since June.) Sigh. She told me that she wasn't able to get back to me because there was a flood that she had to deal with. I guess that was it. There have been several floods in the building since we moved in. Really inspires confidence, doesn't it?

I'm also really upset about the carpet in the hallways. I live on the second floor and it looks terrible there too. I know tile is more expensive but it's a lot less so in the long term than carpet which has to be steam cleaned and replaced a hell of a lot more often than tile. At least a good mopping will clean tiles! I'm not sure why the 1st and 7th floor hallways are tiled while the rest of the floors are carpeted anyway.

Nels, that is really disappointing to hear that the change rooms aren't being maintained well. What's the point of having them there then? To be honest, I really don't see the point of having them anyway. The toilets, maybe but I just go back to my condo to have a shower and change. My guests would also shower and change in my condo. Those rooms seems kind of pointless to me.

Koff, I admit that I am one of the people who brought kids to the fitness room. I was showing my nephews around when they came to visit but that was honestly because I didn't realize kids were not allowed in that room. I have no problems keeping them out of there in the future. The much more concerning point of Valerie's letter was people throwing rocks off of the roof! I'm not just going to blame that on kids. Any stupid person could do that for a lark. I'm also concerned that none of the rooftop furniture is bolted down. What happens if someone wants to throw that off the roof or if there are really strong winds! The rooftop chairs and tables aren't exactly wrought iron! Someone could be seriously hurt!

Great points by Bloom & Koff.

I agree that the change rooms are pointless, since the saunas were not installed. But there are times when you might want to wash your hands because you may have touched sweat soaked gym equipment, and there's no soap or paper towels available.

That wasnt' cool that Bloom's A/C unit couldn't be taken care of even with the flood situation. All it would have taken was 1 extra phone call. Does anyone know if Valerie can be contacted by email?

Maybe we'll see some of you @ the BBQ tomorrow?

Cheers!

Hey nels

There is no BBQ tmw it's beside the elevators on each floor,

I'm glad the windows and carpets will be cleaned

Back