Waterscapes at Waterview Condos (Monarch Group) - Real Estate -

that's quite a range ~

construction activity?

Hey everyone!

I just purchased a place in this building. Look forward to tracking the projects progress over the next 3-4 years.

Hey "YourAnthony". Did you notice any work being done at Nautilus while you were down there? They seemed to have stopped work there for the past 6 months.

Hey "YourAnthony". Did you notice any work being done at Nautilus while you were down there? They seemed to have stopped work there for the past 6 months.

Yeah I asked about that. At first they gave me the "waiting for the crane permit" excuse, apparently because they increased the building by two levels they require two new permits. I was then told they were trying to sell more units before starting construction.

She also mentioned that Monarch is no longer for sale.

Which unit did you purchase?

Yeah I asked about that. At first they gave me the "waiting for the crane permit" excuse, apparently because they increased the building by two levels they require two new permits. I was then told they were trying to sell more units before starting construction.

She also mentioned that Monarch is no longer for sale.

Which unit did you purchase?

We purchased one of the podium models facing the water and so we are pretty excited. It's the Lagoon P1230 model on the 4th level.

hey anthony,

congrats on your purchase man, looks like we are gonna be neighbours.

i invested in an unit last year when it was still open to agents/brokers, wave700 on the 22nd floor with parking and locker.

this is my first purchase too, so i'm pretty excited about it.

Excuses

Monarch will use all the excuses in the book for reasons why construction is delayed. At least this time they told you they wanted to sell more units before they proceed.

You should take your money and invest in another project...one that might actually be finished before 2020.

Must be the smell of the waste treatment facility keeping people away.

Must be the smell of the waste treatment facility keeping people away.

An odor control facility is under construction at the plant.

As for keeping people away from the area...
I guess the dozen or so condo buildings just west of this site - comprising a community of thousands, is somehow invisible to you.

Well if that is a selling feature it's not helping the bottom line.
Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

An odor control facility is under construction at the plant.

Didn't know that - that is very good news for anyone living nearby...any idea of timeline? and wonder if it will really 'control' the odour....it can be really bad in that area...

March 23, 2009

according to the sales person ... Waterscapes is about 25% sold at this time; based on that, my guess is it would be a while before construction starts

According to a sales person about 10 days ago it was still about 25% sold. I really want to get a unit in this building, but that worries me. Almost a year ago it was only about 20%. I wonder why the sales are so slow. The location couldn't be better, and it's about as pricey as California and South Beach Condos.

percentage sold

March 23, 2009

According to a sales person about 10 days ago it was still about 25% sold. I really want to get a unit in this building, but that worries me. Almost a year ago it was only about 20%. I wonder why the sales are so slow. The location couldn't be better, and it's about as pricey as California and South Beach Condos.

What happened is a lot of units sold on opening day but then the economy did its nasty thing. I know of at least 1 person that got out of the deal within the allowable time frame. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this project goes forward. They can take as long as they like, just as long as I can eventually move there.

Last edited:

Back