News   May 08, 2024
 352     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 443     0 
News   May 08, 2024
 659     0 

Verdale (Downtown Markham, Remington, 14 + 2x 10s, Quadrangle) COMPLETE

any one moved in the building?can you comment the materail and workmanship quality you get ?

Not great I would say......lots of things to be fixed, and those big bulk heads on 10ft ceiling which we paid premiums for really upsets me...

any one moved in the building?can you comment the materail and workmanship quality you get ?

Yes, same here. We are very disappointing on the quality we received. Too many items need to be fixed. Just wonder why we purchased "new" condo but have to receive "fixed" items. I think we suppose to receive "brand new" not "fixed" stuffs.
The isolation is not good as well. I sti in my Den and can hear the washer sound, printer printing sound and people talking from next neighbor. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Any pictures of the problems? It would be interesting to see what issues are out there...when you buy "brand new" - certainly, it is brand new, but don't expect it to be perfect - there's always shifting settling of building materials, defects in the material itself and human error. I would think most builders are the same - ie. there are some things that need to be fixed and it's almost to be expected. However, one could suggest that there is a certain degree amongst builders.

Last edited:
Quality seemed okay in our unit when we did the PDI, though I'm unsure why the floor guys decided to install nosing at the threshold of the bedroom considering our unit has hardwood throughout.

We haven't moved in yet, but now that someone has mentioned it, I'm beginning to grow concerned about the insulation. Noise levels are very important to me. It's fine if you hear noise originating in your own unit, but you shouldn't be able to hear people talking next door. :mad:

^Photos would be cool. I'd like to see what you're talking about, and how the development looks completed. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the conservative architecture, I'm always curious what the new suburbs look like--my GTA real estate passion first developed as a child staring at Vaughan and Markham builder's bill boards advertising houses for sale--from $89,999 iirc c.1988.

June 4 2012 update

In the distance - 4 Rouge Bijour bldgs, 2 Nexus bldgs, 3 Verdale bldgs (left to right)
IMG_1217.jpg

The 3 Verdale Buildings
IMG_1220.jpg

Back