367     0 
News   May 30, 2024
 1K     2 
News   May 30, 2024
 545     0 

Verdale (Downtown Markham, Remington, 14 + 2x 10s, Quadrangle) COMPLETE

Beautiful building

:D
Great pics! Looks like construction's coming along nicely. And is it just me, or does it seem like they've started on the interiors? This pic seems to show what look like cabinets by the 2nd floor window.

4485406121_ac5caacd54_b.jpg

Thank you for taking these beautiful pictures. It seemed the occupancy date for Verdale G is in Feb.
Anyone knows when is the expect occupancy date for Verdale H ?:p

Thanks!!

The townhouses are awful but the towers aren't exactly Chedington, Kensington or West Harbour City either. The detail is quite restrained and always dig black window frames with brick facades

They're not that bad ... the buildings do have a quality finish look to them, but all the buildings, with the same style, it gets a little repetitive ... it'd be nice to see some variety ... this is the problem with master planed communities, they have no vibrancy.

That's not to say that's a terrible thing ... many parts of Europe would be just like this, very repetitive, and you don't here any complaints :)

Town homes are hideous ... not even sure what they were thinking ... they don't go with the buildings at all, it looks like they're going for a modern look .... with puke.

I actually have a soft spot for those buildings. They look vaguely like 1920s garden apartments, only taller and with a less grand entranceway. The naming of the streets, though, is awful.

Further to that point, should it not be "Mackenzie's Stand" rather than "Mackenzies"? Maybe apostrophes are a postal no-no, but it seems odd anyway.

I'm just curious to see how all this architectural banality will look in say 10-15 years. I imagine there'll be a bit of embarrassment, and grumblings of why didn't we go with something a little more modern/sophisticated/etc.?

I in fact think the non-modern glass tower look of Verdale & Rouge Bijou will age quite well ... its just a toned down classic building design to me, and classics always survive the test of time ~

I will admit that this particular example isn't as bad as most, but I just can't find myself getting excited over this kind of architecture. The rest of Downtown Markham is looking pretty bad though, especially the townhouse portions.

Hi allll,

Just want to see if anyone has any updates or heard of new occupancy dates(earlier maybe?)

I in fact think the non-modern glass tower look of Verdale & Rouge Bijou will age quite well ... its just a toned down classic building design to me, and classics always survive the test of time ~

Just saw these in person ... sorry Solaris, your wrong :) I think this is exactly what will happen in 10 - 15 years - the safer bet here would have been to go with a more glasy modern building ... not saying there great by any stretch but neither are these, might as well stay modern then :)

I really hope Nexus - the next phase is different, any renders?

the material and workmanship quality

any one moved in the building?can you comment the materail and workmanship quality you get ?

Back