News   Apr 25, 2024
 363     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Uniqlo

I still have not been able to get into this store and I don't understand why it's so popular here. The clothing looks boring!

I still have not been able to get into this store and I don't understand why it's so popular here. The clothing looks boring!

For the longest time, Uniqlo was known for being good quality at a low price, as well as their "heat tech" wear". Plus collaborations with designers such as Jil Sander and Theory. Basically, it was (is) the type of store you shop in for when you want something simple, something you can wear everyday. It's not something you would base your entire wardrobe around.

The lines have pretty much stopped, and you can now just walk in.

Over the years, I've bought a winter coat, a cashmere v-neck sweater and a cardigan at Uniqlo. No crass logos anywhere on them, all understated. All have held up extremely well, all get worn a lot.

Yorkdale:

DSC07349.jpg
DSC07350.jpg

Attachments

• DSC07349.jpg
    DSC07349.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 924
  • DSC07350.jpg
    DSC07350.jpg
    594 KB · Views: 922
Went to Uniqlo Eaton Centre about a week ago. No line, but quite busy. It's a decent store as far as Uniqlo's go, but doesn't feel like a flagship either. Also surprised to see no T-shirt selection, particularly their MoMA line.

My impression, and I could be wrong, is that the MoMA stuff is only available in NYC. It isn't even for sale on Uniqlo's U.S. website. It is for sale on the MoMA online store, though.

I would have thought t-shirts would sell year round, but I was struck by how much of the floor space at Uniqlo was dedicated to winter wear. It's possible that t-shirts will move in as they start to move coats, scarves, etc. off the floor sometime after Christmas.

Also surprised to see no T-shirt selection, particularly their MoMA line.

It's possible that t-shirts will move in as they start to move coats, scarves, etc. off the floor sometime after Christmas.

No idea what MoMA is, but the Eaton Centre location had a decent selection of t-shirts at the rear left of the store. I could have sworn there were tons of short sleeve, long-sleeve, crew and v-neck selections (as well as packets of their "heat tech" line hanging in various locations throughout the store, usually around the cashier lines).

My impression, and I could be wrong, is that the MoMA stuff is only available in NYC. It isn't even for sale on Uniqlo's U.S. website. It is for sale on the MoMA online store, though.

I would have thought t-shirts would sell year round, but I was struck by how much of the floor space at Uniqlo was dedicated to winter wear. It's possible that t-shirts will move in as they start to move coats, scarves, etc. off the floor sometime after Christmas.

Even in Japan not all their stores carry the designer t-shirts. However, usually there's one store in each city that has at least a partial selection of t-shirts.

The MoMA shirts?

Which ones are specifically the MoMA collaboration? When I was in Tokyo last year the Ginza skyscraper store, with their floor dedicated to t-shirts, had Keith Haring, Jean-Michel Basquiat and Roy Lichtenstein designs. Also, I don't know if it was a MoMA thing but Uniqlo has had Keith Haring t-shirts since at least 2007 and I've seen them in London.

MoMA is the Museum of Modern Art in New York City, not to be confused with the Metropolitan Museum of Art or the Guggenheim Museum, both of which are also in New York City; all three are within a few blocks of each other in midtown Manhattan.

I think the Met and Guggenheim are in what's considered the Upper East Side.

I don't get the craze over Uniqlo. It took me about 5 minutes to go through their Eaton Centre store. I saw nothing remotely interesting - bland designs and colours throughout. Vanilla clothes for a vanilla society.

I don't get the craze over Uniqlo. It took me about 5 minutes to go through their Eaton Centre store. I saw nothing remotely interesting - bland designs and colours throughout. Vanilla clothes for a vanilla society.
Cool, you hate the things that other people like! Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Back