News   Mar 18, 2024
 693     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 762     0 

Uniqlo

I agree, however, I have been stung bu Uniqlo's inconsistent sizing between countries. It's my own fault, in retrospect, by not trying more stuff on, but their sizing in Japan is different than the UK which is different than the US. So I now know to try stuff on. But I still spend a small fortune every time I am in NYC (and can spend even longer in there since they added the Starbucks). I was not really impressed with their King of Prussia, PA "mall store," but it might have just been the season.

I'm another Mississauga slim! The price doesn't matter to me as much as the sizing... as I have a terrible time finding anything in my size everywhere else. I'd pay a premium in order to stop having to visit several stores before finding my size.

I agree as well. It can be hard to find slim fitting clothes in North America.

I don't know, every time we order corporate shirts from the U.S., the mediums that I typically wear are always a size larger than what I expect. The Canadian sizes always seemed to be a bit more 'fitted', in my opinion. Certainly with the new 'slim fit' lines these days, mediums actually fit me again!

"Oh woe is me, most clothes are too large and ill-fitting for my trim and desirable body type. Also, my wallet's too small for my fifties and my diamond shoes are too tight."

(Just teasing. Wherever one lands on the body type spectrum, I assume one has issues with mass market, off the rack clothing, for a variety of different reasons. Glad to hear that Uniqlo will provide more selection on that front.)

I found the fits at the Soho store in NYC really big. Size XS was rarely available and felt about one or two sizes too large. I really hope they consider our large Asian population, but I expect that our sizing will be the same as America's :(

Regarding sizing: I've found that in North America (or, at least, larger cities), you're fairly screwed if you're smaller than a size 4 (for women and vanity sized (which is most brands)) or larger than a 10. And don't even get me started about shoes. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "I'm sorry ma'am, but we don't carry your size" or people's eyes looking like they're about to pop out when they hear my foot size (4 1/2 to 5 women's - AMERICAN).

I agree as well. It can be hard to find slim fitting clothes in North America.

The name "slim fitting" is not really accurate. It actually means clothes that fit well. The "regular fit" clothes in North America normally don't fit the people at all, but are rather baggy and loose. Often I can't even look at those guys in outfits 1-2 size too big for them. You rarely see that in either Europe or East Asia.

If you want slim fit, try Topman. Most of their outfits are slim fits (or even skinny).

The name "slim fitting" is not really accurate. It actually means clothes that fit well. The "regular fit" clothes in North America normally don't fit the people at all, but are rather baggy and loose. Often I can't even look at those guys in outfits 1-2 size too big for them. You rarely see that in either Europe or East Asia.

If you want slim fit, try Topman. Most of their outfits are slim fits (or even skinny).

I think those "regular fit" clothes do fit some people... maybe the majority of Americans actually if those obesity stats are accurate.

Back