News   May 07, 2024
 635     3 
News   May 07, 2024
 441     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 372     0 

TTC: Streetcar, Bus and Wheel-Trans Operations & Maintenance

The bathroom is for emergency breaks. Brakes!

This isn't the first time for something like this. In 1990, a CLRV stalled out westbound on College just west of Lansdowne - it rolled back down the hill and broadsided a Lansdowne trolley bus. Fortunately no one was hurt, but the trolley bus was a write-off.

Ha. My brain needs a brake.

Apparently a streetcar lost power, disabling it's breaks and causing it to roll back into the streetcar behind it. That streetcar then rolled into the third streetcar in the line.
I think the even sadder thing is that there 3 streetcars in a row after 2 AM. There's absolutely no excuse for this level of bunching at that time of the night. Lazy drivers have problems with their brakes while rushing to get to their breaks.

I think the even sadder thing is that there 3 streetcars in a row after 2 AM. There's absolutely no excuse for this level of bunching at that time of the night. Lazy drivers have problems with their brakes while rushing to get to their breaks.
There are 2 different routes that run there at 2 AM (501/504 ... or 301/304). Also all the other cars heading back to the yard run through there as well. Why do you assume it's bunching and lazy drivers?

There are 2 different routes that run there at 2 AM (501/504 ... or 301/304). Also all the other cars heading back to the yard run through there as well. Why do you assume it's bunching and lazy drivers?
Not to sound sarcastic, but it's experience with the TTC. I live right on a streetcar line, so I can watch them from my front window. The number of times I see 3 come at once followed by a 20-30 minute gap is way too frequent. Makes service nearly unusable. Maybe they're not lazy, but they're not skilled in avoiding bunching.

Not to sound sarcastic, but it's experience with the TTC. I live right on a streetcar line, so I can watch them from my front window. The number of times I see 3 come at once followed by a 20-30 minute gap is way too frequent. Makes service nearly unusable. Maybe they're not lazy, but they're not skilled in avoiding bunching.
As can I (and have for over a decade). I can't recall ever seeing three in the row at 2:30 AM in the morning, running on the same route; unless two are signed to go to the yard.

I'm not saying that streetcars don't bunch. What I'm saying is that there are lot of streetcars that pass through that location at 2:30 AM that would be heading to the yard, and that there are 2 different all-night routes that run along that road.

Back