News   May 06, 2024
 554     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 708     1 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

Odd though, that there's only 29 Flexities (and 30 when I checked earlier today). Normally there are more on Sundays, but there were 34 or 35 earlier this week. They should have been able to put out about 7 of 14 512s, rather than just 2.

Meanwhile there's been a couple of CLRVs out on Harbourfront (running as 512, but presumably not signed that way. Hmm, and a 310 (Spadina) heading north on Bathurst at Front (4411) - I wonder what that's about ...

Edit - looks to be that lone Flexity is running a 511 route - presumably to help with the Ex. I wonder what else is running out there, if I start digging.
Currently 7 buses northbound at College with nothing else on line. 4422 Just went north with 2 out of service leaving the Ex.

9 Flexity currently on 509, an improvement since the line was sucking badly yesterday with Union Subway platform overflowing outside the rope area. Streetcars were hard to be found in any direction and all were crush loaded when one show up. A few 510 made their way to Union since there was no room at Spadina that already had 3 in the loop.

4441 & 4442 still on St Clair.

5 Flexity on 510 with 3 in the loop giving only 23 in service plus 5 on 514/504

C4422 Just went north with 2 out of service leaving the Ex.
4422 was on 510 earlier. Hmm, still logged in on 510, but heading northbound at Harbord/Bathurst right now. Oh, and 4412 also signed in on 510 seems to be following it.

How was it signed?

9 Flexity currently on 509, an improvement since the line was sucking badly yesterday with Union Subway platform overflowing outside the rope area. Streetcars were hard to be found in any direction and all were crush loaded when one show up. A few 510 made their way to Union since there was no room at Spadina that already had 3 in the loop.
There's been a couple of CLRVs beetling around too ... I haven't consistently figured out what they are doing. Both are logged in as 512. Car 4125 just arrived at Union and 4067 is northbound Bathurst at Fort York.

Last edited:
Starting to figure out where the streetcars that aren't showing up on any route. Some are in the yard. But some actually seem to be in service, despite not being signed in.

• 4405 is heading west on Queens Quay at York. It could be training, but I doubt it would be down there today, with all that's going on.
  • 4407 is at Fleet and Bathurst heading west on Fleet
  • 4408 Exhibition Loop
  • 4435 Bathurst and Bloor
I count 8 in the yard, with 4400, 4433, and 4432 lined up to enter service at some point.

So that's 34 in service.

Edit, fix my math. 34 in service, not 37! Actually 30 now, as I see 4404, 4420, and 4422 just pulled back into the yard with 4409 coming down Queen East. at 7:45 pm.

Last edited:
I caught 4442twice toady on St. Clair once westbound and once Eastbound. I just missed 4441 as it got ahead of 4442 at one point. What they were doing at St. Clair West was interesting Eastbound cars loaded, unloaded at the old unloaded only platform well Westbound ones went to the old load platform. The eastbound ones used the loop track to pass the ones in the platform.

4420 and 4425 are on 512 today.
When I left home, 4441 was on 510, 4442 on 509 and 4440 in the yard. When I had a look at Queens Quay, 4440 was going west at York on 510 and there were no cars to be seen for 509. Had wanted to get a shot of 4442, but give up after a well with no cars in sight.

After all these years doing the CNE, TTC keeps screwing up the 509 even with the new cars.

Do we have takers to state when 4443-4447 will show up for this month or next??

Starting to figure out where the streetcars that aren't showing up on any route. Some are in the yard. But some actually seem to be in service, despite not being signed in.

• 4405 is heading west on Queens Quay at York. It could be training, but I doubt it would be down there today, with all that's going on.
  • 4407 is at Fleet and Bathurst heading west on Fleet
  • 4408 Exhibition Loop
  • 4435 Bathurst and Bloor
I count 8 in the yard, with 4400, 4433, and 4432 lined up to enter service at some point.

So that's 34 in service.

Edit, fix my math. 34 in service, not 37! Actually 30 now, as I see 4404, 4420, and 4422 just pulled back into the yard with 4409 coming down Queen East. at 7:45 pm.
The TTC had some extra Flexity's running on the 511 yesterday and today.

Streetcar City, King & Bathurst.
Streetcar City, King & Bathurst.jpg

Attachments

• Streetcar City, King & Bathurst.jpg
    Streetcar City, King & Bathurst.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 576
too bad the 511 would crawl between Queen St and Fleet St before it could get onto the dedicated ROW. Weren't there plans to have the 511 in a dedicated ROW between Fleet and Queen?

I think there's a dedicated ROW in the plans for the Bathurst St bridge rebuild, so there could be at least from Front to Fleet. It does make sense up to Queen though, once the new bridge is built, but there may be some points that are too narrow, meaning one general traffic lane in each direction. That's ok if they have room for turn lanes. However with King St ending at Bathurst soon for cars, that may change the equation.

I think there's a dedicated ROW in the plans for the Bathurst St bridge rebuild, so there could be at least from Front to Fleet. It does make sense up to Queen though, once the new bridge is built, but there may be some points that are too narrow, meaning one general traffic lane in each direction. That's ok if they have room for turn lanes. However with King St ending at Bathurst soon for cars, that may change the equation.
Hopefully the City/TTC will figure out how to operate streetcar service into Dufferin Gate Loop during the Ex rather than rely on buses (this year 514 was sent to Sunnyside) while the Bathurst Bridge rebuild happens.

too bad the 511 would crawl between Queen St and Fleet St before it could get onto the dedicated ROW. Weren't there plans to have the 511 in a dedicated ROW between Fleet and Queen?

It isn't necessary to have a dedicated ROW on Bathurst all the way up Queen. The worst and horrific part of the daily traffic is typically between Fleet and Adelaide. This also coincides with the loss of about one northbound lane of traffic at Adelaide. So a ROW from Fleet, across a rebuilt bridge, then up to Adelaide should be sufficient, and extremely welcome.

Back