News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 318     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 874     0 

TTC: Flexity Streetcars Testing & Delivery (Bombardier)

As Steve Munro pointed out the TTC is using about 70% of the existing fleet and doesn't have cash or drivers to operate more. And manoeuvres like shutting down St Clair for a year don't improve the situation. The new ones were for growth including the east waterfront but that is such a mess that fewer, not more, will be used for the next decade.

Does it matter? It's not like there's a streetcar shortage any more.
Not from a fleet utilization perspective but it's about the principle. If something is paid for then I expect it to start being used and paying its way as soon as it's approved for use. I do not consider holding the equipment back so that the politicos can congratulate themselves on what a good job they did to be a valid reason.

Always have to laugh when I read a TTC press release and I see the 'remarks' at the bottom. So many words to say nothing at all.

I truly hope the reason for 4604's delay was a more compelling one than waiting for a valid politician to be free to make vapid comments to the media.
Given the current fleet utilization means it isn't urgently needed on the street, I'm perfectly happy to wait for her cut a ribbon if it might get more cash for Toronto.

Not from a fleet utilization perspective but it's about the principle. If something is paid for then I expect it to start being used and paying its way as soon as it's approved for use. I do not consider holding the equipment back so that the politicos can congratulate themselves on what a good job they did to be a valid reason.
There's dozens of extra cars currently. The total cost to taxpayers for this was $0.

Of all the things to complain about. Have you sent in a complaint to customer service yet?

4504 officially enter service today on route 511 after arriving 101 day
Unless it wasn't taking paying passengers (and no one else has suggested that), It was officially in service yesterday; be it scheduled or unscheduled.

I wonder if the first paying passenger was a drunk this time.

• Haha
Reactions: T3G
There is a streetcar route shortage for sure. They need to hurry up and operate more lines.
They are already granting your wish (due to storage shortages) with the 20min night frequency and the new 305 route. This will increase vehicle-hours in service and operator-hours, so many of the “idle” streetcars in the daytime will be in cleaning/servicing from overnight activity.

4604 ended up doing one round trip from Leslie Barns via King to Dundas West and back. Surprised they wouldn't at least leave it out for the duration of rush hour, but I assume few people got a chance to see it, so yay bragging rights...?

Some pictures of it. Identical to the original 204, and I have no idea why they would do a press conference for it considering the total lack of change, but considering I managed to get all 204 cars of the original order, I welcomed a chance to get this one, too.
View attachment 521044
View attachment 521045
View attachment 521043
View attachment 521042
View attachment 521041
View attachment 521039
View attachment 521038
View attachment 521037
View attachment 521036
Too bad they didn't at least update the info screens.

4606 is sitting In Lambton Yard and could be drop off at Hillcrest this weekend and maybe off loaded on Monday

4605 is back over at Russell after a few days at the Barns

4605 has finally enter service on 501 today after arriving 53 days ago after being off loaded Nov 28 and tow to the Barns.

4606 is now tracking and on the service track at this time and was in the service bay most of Sat.

4605 has finally enter service on 501 today after arriving 53 days ago after being off loaded Nov 28 and tow to the Barns.

4606 is now tracking and on the service track at this time and was in the service bay most of Sat.
Thanks for the update. One correction though is that Nov 28th is the date 4606 was offloaded, 4605 was actually October 12th.

Thanks for the update. One correction though is that Nov 28th is the date 4606 was offloaded, 4605 was actually October 12th.
Real dumb of me for that date when I was looking at the real date when posting the number of days for it.

4606 out on route 506 doing its first of many days of testing currently in the east end

4605 has been in and out of Roncesvalles service bay the last few days

Noticed 4604 was out of service for a few days as well.

TTC has removed 4604 and 4605 from service due to issues not related to TTC, but TB.

4606 is over at Russell since Tuesday.

4607 has started its burn in as it left the yard at 12:50 am. 4607 was off loaded Dec 13

Based on what taking place for the first 3 cars, TTC shouldn't be accepting any more cars until TB becomes organized to ship quality cars like they did in the past.

I can see the first 2 cars seeing longer to in service like it was for 4403 and 4405 since they were the first production cars. 4604 and 4605 had longer in service turn around, but with the on going issues for 4604-4607 are only going to give TTC problems down the road.

24 days since 4606 was offloaded.

Reactions: PL1
4608 Should be offloaded either Thursday or Friday as it was dropped off over the NYE weekend.

Word was that TTC was to see 8 cars in 2023 and another miss date and numbers like the past.

4606 and 4607 are over at Russell service bays. 4606 has been here 42 days and has yet to entre service and it been 28 days so far,

4605 has been in and out of Leslie service bays the past week and is currently on the service track.

4604 has been in and out of the service bays the last week and has seen 3 days of service as well

Based on the original feet arrivals and the new fleet, quality of the equipment has been subpar so far for the ne fleet

4608 was offloaded on Tuesday Jan 9 and the longest of any car to be offloaded when delivery to the dock. The holidays most likely play a part in the long delay for being offloaded.

4609 is ready to be placed at the dock once the other rail cars are moved

4604 and 4605 have returned to service. After dealing with an issue not related to TTC

4506 and 4607 are still over at Russell service bays, 48 days since 4606 arrived and 28 days for 4607 doesn't speak well for the cars coming out of TB plant like the original fleet timeline from been offloaded to place in service in 9-22 days with most around 10 days.

Back