Great place to watch E condo construction and future subway construction
And 2221 Yonge! Check out both threads for confirmation

March 30th:

yongeeglintonIMG_2836.jpg

Attachments

• yongeeglintonIMG_2836.jpg
    yongeeglintonIMG_2836.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 917
Once they get the cranes installed, these two will make four the number of big projects with extra floors being added. There are likely other candidates for similar retrofits around the city. Anyone know? Is Sheppard Centre adding floors?

Once they get the cranes installed, these two will make four the number of big projects with extra floors being added. There are likely other candidates for similar retrofits around the city. Anyone know? Is Sheppard Centre adding floors?

SheppardCentre retail renovation is adding a floor but not really adding an extra floor since no change in height.

Just remembered that Atrium on Bay is adding floors to both towers and that 481 University is still in the proposal/planning stages.

Bazis added floors to EmeraldPark West Tower during construction by shortening the ceiling height so they could squeeze in not one but two extra condo floors,.... all within the approved city height limit! Hey, condo buyers buy based on per square feet area not based on per cubic volume,.... yeah, should keep en eye on e-condo across the street. ;p

It kills me that the huge blank roof over the mall between the rental residential towers and the office tower could be considered successful. Now that the cinemas have gone in, the roof area in there has only gotten worse, leaving the rental apartments on the lower floors facing concrete walls. I cannot imagine living in those spaces. Are they super cheap to rent?

YECentreAppleMaps.jpg
YECentreAppleMaps2.jpg

Images retrieved from Apple Maps

Even if you live on a floor above the roof, I cannot imagine it would be pleasant to be on your balcony. The City should never have approved those roofs without greenery on top of them, and it should be retrofitted now.

Attachments

• YECentreAppleMaps.jpg
    YECentreAppleMaps.jpg
    763.8 KB · Views: 797
  • YECentreAppleMaps2.jpg
    YECentreAppleMaps2.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 760
Even if you live on a floor above the roof, I cannot imagine it would be pleasant to be on your balcony. The City should never have approved those roofs without greenery on top of them, and it should be retrofitted now.

Your proposed greenery space on top of cinema roof is surrounded by tall building on practically every side,.... greenery requires sunlight to survive and thrive,.... otherwise, it'll just become dry brown dusty space,... which would be even more depressing than what is there now.

Though, some of that space on top of the mall along Yonge Street (top of Chapters) has potential for outdoor-rooftop patio restaurant-bar establishment,... that nearby eastern part of the cinema is already the food area of the cinema where tickets are not required so maybe,....

Some shade tolerant plants would be required further in from Yonge, but a sun-shadow study would reveal how much sun any particular part of the roof would expect to receive at different times of the year.

+1 for necessary greenery on that space.

On the new podium, am I correct in understanding that the outdoor area will be accessible to the public (i.e. not just office tenants)?

Attachments

• IMG_3572.JPG
    IMG_3572.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 1,558
  • IMG_3573.JPG
    IMG_3573.JPG
    251.2 KB · Views: 1,557
  • IMG_3574.JPG
    IMG_3574.JPG
    278.3 KB · Views: 1,531
  • IMG_3575.JPG
    IMG_3575.JPG