Toronto Yonge Eglinton Centre | ?m | 37s | RioCan | P + S / IBI

I went to check this building out a few weeks ago since I was already in the area. I would never go back (perhaps only to check out the roof), for a building that was supposedly redone it has the worst internal circulation and way-finding I have experience at a GTA mall in a long time. It is really quite unpleasant.
It was never that good before...

Amazingly, they made it even worse than it was. I wasn't sure how to get through it to the Eglinton addition without going through Winners. Is there even another way? I eventually just went outside and around.

November 2nd:

IMG_20151102_082738.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20151102_082738.jpg
    IMG_20151102_082738.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 2,049
Great! I didn't know this was coming with a fountain. It will be nice to sit there in the summer and just take in the passing scene, as well as cool off in the water. That alone makes it better than what was previously there.

Nothing wrong with the fountains staying on:confused:, as long as the weather stays warm
Look around to northern Europe where most of them stay on well into winter

Or just use basic high school chemistry,... to lower the freezing point of the water/solution,.... just add salt, alcohol, anti-freeze, etc,... and it'll generally still be liquid form in -20C to -50C,... which more than cover Toronto winter weather,.... of course, with anti-freeze they'll have to add something bitter tasting to deter animals from drinking it,.... also need to add something bitter if using alcohol to prevent the locals from drinking out of the fountain!!!

I assume that the sidewalk will be finished properly, right?

22662084304_e366a9a41b_h.jpg

Meanwhile, the new subway entrance is open. I like it better than the new entrance that was built at Hullmark Centre.

23264200706_0e8db2ca41_h.jpg

22922400709_2a65c824f9_h.jpg

22661942174_958b7bf7f3_h.jpg

22922387979_b8798e708a_h.jpg

Though unfortunately the shiny new entrance leads you to this dump, which I hope will be renovated soon.

22994462230_f0a2119f06_h.jpg

I assume that the sidewalk will be finished properly, right?

I sure hope so. Looks terrible right now
Meanwhile, the new subway entrance is open. I like it better than the new entrance that was built at Hullmark Centre.

That's been open since at least August, though it seems fewer passersby are noticing it and I still see people flooding towards the more obvious subway entrance on the southwest corner. Wondering if the new signage isn't prominent enough

That's been open since at least August, though it seems fewer passersby are noticing it and I still see people flooding towards the more obvious subway entrance on the southwest corner. Wondering if the new signage isn't prominent enough

The South West entrance is the most direct. Is a quick walk across the street, one set of doors, and an escalator down.

By contrast the North West entrance is doors, set of stairs, food court, doors, corridor full of slow people, and another set of doors.

Back