Toronto Wallace Walk Towns | ?m | 4s | The Somerset Group | KFA

Has anyone got an update on whether construction has started on this project? I'm surprised construction has started on the Daniel condo at High Park, but not this building.

Any idea what is holding it up?

No. Isn't construction financing tough to get these days if you're a newbie or small developer?

I'd like to know as well.

As far as I can tell, the commercial part of the development might not be zoned properly yet... I read some city hall notes on the development about this.

Also, checking on the City of Toronto Permits website, there's no permits for construction submitted yet... so who really knows.

It means that a bunch of silly local residents are going to spend a whole lot of money trying to stop something that a) should be approved and b) will be approved. If anything, I'd hope board members question why more density wasn't planned here what with the B/D subway and GO station in close proximity.

Aug 30
9637705725_c6280eafc1_b.jpg

9640942428_2e5f39d3c9_b.jpg

9637712211_e23b79dbc4_b.jpg

So site prep has started. Has anyone received the letter indicating that construction has started?

I don't know if construction has actually started on the units. The permit applied for is for the industrial component.

Short answer, no, have not received any letter.

The partial permit is also for the underground parking. Has anyone nearby the development seen if they have started excavating?

The partial permit is also for the underground parking. Has anyone nearby the development seen if they have started excavating?

Yes. Haven't seen it for a few days, but they excavated the whole south side of the site and put a perimeter of piping around it (not sure what that's about). Doesn't seem very deep though.

Anyone have any updates?

I saw that the next hearing is scheduled for January. It looks like it is the city dragging it's heels on rezoning the land for mixed residential/commerical instead of straight commerical. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Back