Toronto Sync Lofts Condos | ?m | 8s | Streetcar | TACT Architecture

I pass the sales office for SYNC every day - it never looks very busy, but that could just be my timing.

BTW, at the risk of continuing the sorta off-topic drywall issue, I've been living in The Printing Factory for the last month. The suites either side of me are occupied and I haven't heard a peep through the 4 layers of drywall and insulation (each side). I can hear the woman who lives above me arrive home in her high heels, though... through the concrete floors. ;)

I pass the sales office for SYNC every day - it never looks very busy, but that could just be my timing.
The sales office on south side of Queen just east of the Bridge and opposite Sync is actually the sales office for lots of Streetcar projects - yesterday afternoon there were two people there who looked like customers - though I have no idea which property they were interested in.

I'm a comin Grey!! Yeah, it's off topic, but this whole drywall/concrete thing has been dealt with before and the VAST, think 80+% of condo's erected in the last 10 years use concrete. All 5 in Liberty Village, Bohemian, Westside Gallery, Bridge et al, all in Cityplace, all along Lakeshore, X, Murano, Uptown, BSN, Casa, Crystal Blue, all Freed, Quad Lofts, Maple Leaf Square, London on the Esplanade, Mozo, Spire, etc. they've been named - I've named them before - and they all use concrete between units - perhaps not down the hallway, but between units forsure. There are a few, like the Printing Factory (which is where this first topic arose I believe) and Garment Factory, Streetcar projects, and perhaps some other small conversions or loft conversions that use drywall. Ok, let's let it die.

from Urbanation's twitter site:

Info on SYNC Lofts opening this weekend: http://email.synclofts.com/PreviewWeekend/SYNCpreview.pdf

about 5 hours ago via web (February 25, 2010)

Was at the opening last weekend. Have to agree with the other comments re sleazy salespeople. I had to bite my tongue as a salesperson was telling someone looking at a unit on Queen that she would not hear the streetcars from the 4th floor unit she was looking at (!?!).

Was also very impressed with the photo shots of the expected view (especially north side). Upon discussing with one of the agents, he let it slip that apparently Streetcar Development is in negotiations to buy the parking lot just north of where SyncLofts will be built (but that it would apparently be no more than 5 storeys high - but built right across from a small lane nevertheless). So much for full disclosure (and thanks for telling me 10 minutes earlier that the 4th storey north facing unit would have a view on a soon-to-be developed city park (Don Mount). These guys are incredible! :)

Was at the opening last weekend. Have to agree with the other comments re sleazy salespeople. I had to bite my tongue as a salesperson was telling someone looking at a unit on Queen that she would not hear the streetcars from the 4th floor unit she was looking at (!?!).

Was also very impressed with the photo shots of the expected view (especially north side). Upon discussing with one of the agents, he let it slip that apparently Streetcar Development is in negotiations to buy the parking lot just north of where SyncLofts will be built (but that it would apparently be no more than 5 storeys high - but built right across from a small lane nevertheless). So much for full disclosure (and thanks for telling me 10 minutes earlier that the 4th storey north facing unit would have a view on a soon-to-be developed city park (Don Mount). These guys are incredible! :)

hahaha...lovely...I think those realtors do more harm than good to the developers...they should abandon using realtors to sell their units...just be hnoest and people will appreciate.

While the building itself is good looking, I find it a bit unnerving that Streetcar seems to essentially sell the exact same building in 3 separate locations (2 gladstone, sync and corktown). Model buildings of all the 3 were in the sales office and I could barely tell the difference between the three.
Pricing for anything above the 1 bed or 1 bed+den range is way out of whack in my opinion. Sure they give you a terrace for pretty much all of the 2 bedroom units, but when the only unit over 900 square feet is half a million I tend to lose interest, especially when Streetcar does not seem to have the best record for quality finishes.
The ipod idea was kind of cool though. For those who don't know, they will put an ipod dock next to your light switch and the speakers will already be pre-wired and installed in your living/dining room. As far as I know this is a standard feature as well.
Other than that, no thanks. You have to really love Leslieville/Queen East to buy anything larger than a 1+den at Sync if you ask me.

Indeed. I feel like an ''iPod dock'' is the sort of thing that our descendants will find a hilarious anachronism, along the lines of ''You wouldn't believe how much this place needed a reno when we moved in. I mean, it had an iPod dock!''

So, much as we might think of knob-and-tube wiring, or a built-in deep-fryer.

Before it's even built, HDTV is being replaced by 3D-TV! Although I still don't understand what the HD ready feature means...a cable outlet?

Notwithstanding the tacky selling features, I read somewhere this project is basically sold out, and starting construction this summer. Realtors--any truth to that?

I can find out tomorrow. I don't particularly like the building but the way the market is I wouldn't be surprised it is almost sold out.

5 June 2010: I Sync I can.

dsc08613x.jpg

Back