Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Clearly...

600px-MatrixSkorpionSA-3.jpg

maybe john mclain had a gun fight with a bunch of bad guys.

maybe john mclain had a gun fight with a bunch of bad guys.

Yippee kay yay, melon farmer.

Edit: my GF asked if they'll replace the glass, or just comb over some glass from the adjacent window.

I assume the glass will continue to fall until President Obama releases his long-form birth certificate and college transcripts.

Last edited:
Looks like the workers dropped a pane of glass, which blew back into the building and tore another one out!

Looks like the workers dropped a pane of glass, which blew back into the building and tore another one out!

I talked to a woman at street level who had watched the whole thing develop from the Bay Adelaide Centre. Apparently the workmen were struggling to position the new pane of glass and and lost control of it. It fell, striking additional panes on the way down.

I could tell the main pane was new glass because of its shape and the fact that it apparently still had its plastic protective layer on. Just after it happened, a worker came out and literally pulled a couple of the shattered sheets out of the road.

Incidentally, I had crossed through that intersection just a couple of hours before. I think I'll be taking the PATH from now on until that puppy is done.

haha, today I mentioned the shady people behind this building and then this happens, and I didn't realize they still have groundfloor scaffolding up, this skyscraper is pitiful.

I talked to a woman at street level who had watched the whole thing develop from the Bay Adelaide Centre. Apparently the workmen were struggling to position the new pane of glass and and lost control of it. It fell, striking additional panes on the way down.

I could tell the main pane was new glass because of its shape and the fact that it apparently still had its plastic protective layer on. Just after it happened, a worker came out and literally pulled a couple of the shattered sheets out of the road.

Incidentally, I had crossed through that intersection just a couple of hours before. I think I'll be taking the PATH from now on until that puppy is done.

The sad part is they claim the building is done, you might have to wait a loooong time to walk that intersection.

while we're mentioning the matrix, I thought of a little deja vu:

Trump Tower glass falls, closes intersectionCBC News Posted: Mar 24, 2012 5:27 PM ET Last Updated: Mar 24, 2012 5:49 PM ET
Glass fell from Toronto's Trump Tower early Saturday morning, forcing the closure of a busy financial district intersection for the day.The corner of Bay and Adelaide streets was closed at 5:30 a.m. ET and still hadn't re-opened by 5 p.m.No one was injured.

Last edited:
haha, today I mentioned the shady people behind this building and then this happens, and I didn't realize they still have groundfloor scaffolding up, this skyscraper is pitiful.

The thing that's odd is that the scaffolding was down for several months. Went back up maybe a month or two ago. I'm not sure if it's just there because of the glass replacement work, or why.

And on my recurring obsession: yes, the teal-coloured small glass panel up about 10-12 storeys is still missing. One thing I did notice recently from ground level is that it's barely noticeable from there.

Marble panels fall off FCP, the building is reclad.

Glass panes fall off Trump Tower, the building is ...

C'mon, a guy can dream a little.

Quite a few accusations here. Talk of "cheap" glass, "shady" people etc. Does anyone care to back this up with facts, or is this just more UT gossip?

i don't get it? from what I've read this was a construction related incident where a panel being installed near the top fell and hit a lower panel. This doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the glass, it didn't implode from the inside, perhaps it was ripped off when the glass hit one of the mullion caps on the lower floors?

thus, why there is a chip even above the damaged window.

The thing that's odd is that the scaffolding was down for several months. Went back up maybe a month or two ago. I'm not sure if it's just there because of the glass replacement work, or why.

And on my recurring obsession: yes, the teal-coloured small glass panel up about 10-12 storeys is still missing. One thing I did notice recently from ground level is that it's barely noticeable from there.

It's not unusual to want a construction site cleaned up when something officially opens. They held a press conference to launch the hotel. You don't launch with scaffolding lining the streets and construction material everywhere. You put on a nice show, and when the attention and cameras disappear, you get back to work making sure that everything gets done.

It's not unusual to want a construction site cleaned up when something officially opens. They held a press conference to launch the hotel. You don't launch with scaffolding lining the streets and construction material everywhere. You put on a nice show, and when the attention and cameras disappear, you get back to work making sure that everything gets done.

Oddly enough, the scaffolding was still up (at least a few levels up) when the building opened officially (last March?).

It finally came completely down a few months later. And now it's back.

Back