Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Wow the gossip is really crazy here.

A sheet of glass fell while construction workers were installing it. It fell and hit another window. My question is why didn't Urban Toronto put this on the main page? This is the kind of news Urban Toronto would cover, no? Unless UT is in bed with developers now, to get inside scoops and VIP access to events? Pretty big story in my opinion. Especially with this being the second time. Not assuming or blaming or pointing fingers, just a legitimate question from someone who's been on this site a long time.

This has certainly been well covered by the media. We are just extremely thankful that no one was injured. It was an accident by a construction team installing glass on the 34th floor and it fell into a window pane on the 18th floor. And thankfully, that is all that there is to the incident. It has nothing to do with the quality of the glass or construction materials or structure of the building. And this is just a personal statement, but the mention of "shady" people behind the development of the building is insulting. This is a Canadian project, designed, engineered, developed and constructed by Canadians. The team behind the design and construction of the property have dedicated a decade of their lives to seeing this property through from concept to completion and beyond. Personally, I could not be more proud of the team and the work they have done.

Wow the gossip is really crazy here.

A sheet of glass fell while construction workers were installing it. It fell and hit another window. My question is why didn't Urban Toronto put this on the main page? This is the kind of news Urban Toronto would cover, no? Unless UT is in bed with developers now, to get inside scoops and VIP access to events? Pretty big story in my opinion. Especially with this being the second time. Not assuming or blaming or pointing fingers, just a legitimate question from someone who's been on this site a long time.

Hah

And this is just a personal statement, but the mention of "shady" people behind the development of the building is insulting.

I completely agree. Unfortunately it's too easy for people to sit behind the anonymity of their computer screen and spout any old rubbish without thinking it through.

What is the forum moderator's position on such comments?

Last edited:
Insulting comments

I completely agree. Unfortunately it's too easy for people to sit being the anonymity of their computer screen and spout any old rubbish without thinking it through.

Totally agree with your opinion . Sush a comments are insulting & I was really upset after reading them...

This thread is like reading a tabloid.

Coles Notes: It's the Russians fault!!!

dolph-lundgren-rocky-iv.jpg

(Likely Culprit)

I completely agree. Unfortunately it's too easy for people to sit behind the anonymity of their computer screen and spout any old rubbish without thinking it through.

Wow you guys really can't take a joke, admittedly it wasn't a very good one, but if you read the post it says the conspiracy theorist in me is starting to think there's shady people behind this based on the serious lack of progress on the construction of the building in the last year. That's my opinion and I'm allowed to speak it. I never said there WERE shady people behind this. But seriously the building is a joke, if it's built by canadians then stop sipping coco and finish the building.(i.e. make it safe to walk under, finish the micheal snow public art piece that was promised, remove the ugly scaffolding that has been blighting the urban landscape for over 2 years)

I mean who really though that shangri la and l tower would be finished before trump? it might even shape up to be aura that finishes before trump at this pace.

Last edited:
agreed its strange that it seems so behind.
and if i were some of you who had to look at the scaffolding at grade level all the time id be tired of it to. keep patient, im sure it will all be done and over with soon. on a side note. to all construction workers on these developments and future ones to come... Please for the love of... use extra caution every single time when installing the windows on your buildings. this is really an embarrassement for your companies. and suposed skilled workers. im some one who does not believe in the word accident. everything is avoidable if everyones paying attention so please i beg you. i like to visit the city and would rather not be or know some one who died from a falling piece of glass in your city. thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Wow you guys really can't take a joke, admittedly it wasn't a very good one.

Fair enough. It was more the re-posts and tangents that went off afterwards I was referring to.

I'm also keen to see this completed. I think it must be almost ten years since the building was first announced.

That panel did more damage than what has been posted so far.

Beside the windows as noted, a number of panels on the overhead have been damage along with wall panels.

Another thing I noticed yesterday for on going work is caulking is being removed and replace between the panels. A number of panel I could see from the ground are crack and chip with a few missing pieces.

I had to laugh and had to asked the question at Women College expansion yesterday when I saw a number of broken glazing being toss into the garbage bin if it was from the Trump. Great laugh all around. 5 windows were broken by the count and you see were a few came from in the lane-way area.

Going off tangent is nothing new for most postings.

I came here to get more news on this and am surprised no one has mentioned the piano. I was told earlier in the day that a piano was being moved into a unit through a window and during the re-installation, it slipped and took out other windows further down... or was this false info?

Last edited:

Back