Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

photo2mrs.jpg

Speaking of being barely visible, I think the tower was designed to look good from up close, rather than from far away.

Speaking of being barely visible, I think the tower was designed to look good from up close, rather than from far away.

Yes, I'm sure the architect collaborated with the interior designers to purposely make the outside ugly and the inside pretty...

I for one actually like the look of Trump. It gives Bay street a more urban feel. The way it meets the street with a multi-story parking garage is not the best use of the corner lot, but given the small footprint, I'd say it was successful.

I don't know where you guys are getting this idea. The spire is not crooked. It was surveyed and is well within tolerance. I've seen the measurements through the scope with my own eyes. Anyone who says otherwise is wrong, sorry. I know that people on this forum enjoy complaining, but let's stick to the facts.

"Within tolerance" encompasses the concept of "crooked".

Trump ... and ... crooked! Who'da thunk it?

Not sure if it's been done yet, nor do I particularly care if it is done, but you can also get a shot of the tower from inside the Sheraton Centre garden.

Because of you! :p

lol!!! maybe a little... (probably more than half of those thread views are by me alone :p)

and ya, awesome pic nick-izzle!. Trump looks good, but kinda sucks that it is in total darkness by the shadow cast by Scotia Plaza.
But Trump adds an extra layer of awesomeness to the skyline... just looking at that photo now, the pic would've been boring with just Scotia, First Canadian, and Bay Adelaide.

the onion dome looks razor sharp in that pic! Freshly cut!!... i'm gonna cry now!

EDIT:
Check out the Beyond the sea star tower article for a killer shot of Trump and Shangri-la on the skyline. trump looks big-city, and shangri-la looks photoshopped! WIN!... our skyline does look kinda small from there though,

http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2011/11/empires-star-tower-beyond-sea-celebrates-topping

Last edited:
Are you suggesting that you can see a difference in alignment of 2 centimetres over a 20 metres span from over 250 metres away?

Must be those fancy glasses that Shocker wears...:p

Back