Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

great photos ^^^ this tower also looks mighty fine from Nathan Phillips square.... an awesome treat for the space,.. pretty recognizable and iconic imo... especially with all the flat rooftops of simpson tower, 360 bay, sheraton centre, bay adelaide centre, FCP, etc...

Wtf is this crap, is this even architecture? Pound for pound one of the worst skyscrapers built in the history of this city. Thank god this is barely visible in the skyline.

Is it possible the crow's nest thingy has some sort of lighting feature?

There is no way that thing is permanent. If so, they would have found some way to cover it up or at least finish it in an attractive manner. It's much too rough and industrial-looking to be permanent. They could have very easily have built a round base as a shell, at the bottom of the spire, to hide it, if it was meant to be permanent, so I'm absolutely sure it will come down, once this tower is finished.

What with those four apparently misplaced panes?
What 4??. I see more than 4 in that photo, as well being on site. If you look at all sides, you will find more.

What 4??. I see more than 4 in that photo, as well being on site. If you look at all sides, you will find more.

There are 4 incorrect panels about halfway up the tower on the West side (near the northwest corner). Those are the only actual incorrect glass panels in that photo. The others were broken and are not actually there. Often, only one of the glass panes will break, and this will cause it to appear mismatched from a distance.

Replacing mismatched / broken glass takes time, as the glass has to be shipped over from China, and work schedules sometimes make it impractical to do the actual replacement (ie. you can't work below a crew that is working above you). A great deal of broken glass was actually replaced on all four elevations in September, which is why you don't see any broken / incorrect glass from just above those mismatched frames to approximately level 50.

Last edited:
When I walk past Trump I'm very excited about the lighting feature. Just imagining it all lit up and hoping for a multi-color display.

I also hope it's bright as allhell!

Wtf is this crap, is this even architecture? Pound for pound one of the worst skyscrapers built in the history of this city. Thank god this is barely visible in the skyline.

I was on Queen East near Woodbine this morning and, with the mechanical box on the roof and the crooked spire, Trump looked as flat-topped and antennae-enhanced as First Canadian Place.

Well, most don't think it's great architecture but it's unique in its own way, i guess......

I would say it's more than just 'barely visible' on the skyline (for better or for worse).

I'm interested in seeing what the tower finally will look like when it's officially complete (especially the bottom 10-odd floors and the dome). I'm assuming the mismatched glass panels and open vents and holes at the bottom of the building (the east side of the building) will be fixed.

It is as if this tower will end up being last in its overall appeal with people compared to the other luxury towers (FS, RC, SL), regardless of what still gets done on the tower.

We can look at this way: At least it got built after unending rumours that it will never get off the ground.

Trump definitely gets points for being controversial, keeping people on edge as to what it'll end up looking like, etc. The construction of this tower has almost been a potentially scandalous affair.... :)

i agree ^^^ this was a crazy tower with anticipation and exciting construction... it felt slow at times, but was the most "rendered" building in future toronto pictures...
after all , it IS the most viewed thread on UT, it's an attention getter.
the construction was 10x more exciting than the Four Seasons and even dare i say shangri-la... not to mention, one of the most intense ones considering it was built on such a puny site against all odds.

needless to say. it will be a great building in Toronto (on the inside)

i agree ^^^ this was a crazy tower with anticipation and exciting construction... it felt slow at times, but was the most "rendered" building in future toronto pictures...
after all , it IS the most viewed thread on UT, it's an attention getter.
the construction was 10x more exciting than the Four Seasons and even dare i say shangri-la... not to mention, one of the most intense ones considering it was built on such a puny site against all odds.

needless to say. it will be a great building in Toronto (on the inside)

Because of you! :p

Because of you! :p

Haha, somewhat true, but Steveve is awesome...he's so energetic...I always enjoy reading his posts and for the most I agree with him and his views.

Steveve, yes, the building looks to be great from the inside (based on some of the pics I've seen).

The Trump has inner-beauty...

Back