Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Jan 11-10

IMG_jan-11-10-0053.jpg

IMG_jan-11-10-0054.jpg

IMG_jan-11-10-0055.jpg

IMG_jan-11-10-0057.jpg

IMG_jan-11-10-0059.jpg

IMG_jan-11-10-0061.jpg

Here is a short video I shot on Monday on my way to a meeting of a section of the curtain wall been lower into position.

Thanks for the time & effort recording & uploading this video drum, and to others who have done so recently. I'm liking the idea of seeing videos popping up in different areas of UT recently.

I am really impressed how Trump is unfolding so far, the glass cladding and granite is really exceeding my expectations.

Nice to see this tower will be a step above the usual Toronto fare. The cladding looks great so far.

drum: Excellent photos as always. You definitely have a knack for picture taking. Thank you for being my eyes in Toronto!

Thank you for that video, very interesting. I would have thought they would move the panel south first then lower it into position. Why risk scraping the already installed panels?

Though, what do I know anyway, my experience with this process is about 4 minutes and 14 seconds after watching that video :p

I am wondering, do they bolt /weld/ the panels or just hang them on the brackets? There is no access from both sides. :confused:

The granite will not be polished later on. The beauty of the system specified here is that the granite is part of the curtain wall system, ie panelized. The material selection was made long ago, and was specified to be "honed" or slightly rough looking. The intention was never for the granite to look polished. Anyways, there is something to be said about the contrast between the glossy look of the glass and spandrel and the solidity of the granite look.

Back