Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

When I walked by around 4pm, the buldozer was busy digging away and breaking up concrete. There were quite a few workers on site.

Breaking up concrete? Digging? No! I don't believe it..Maybe Mr. Schnaider and business partners are waiting to earn just a little more dough through interest, on the money generated through the sales of the units- how much was it at last count - $350 million? What is the interest return on that much money? = lots!

Ahh..I am only half kidding. Really, I don't care that much about this building. It goes up- good. It doesn't- fine! Whatever the case, another building would eventually occupy that site.

p5

^^^

honestly, trump must be the longest architectural foreplay in the history of toronto.

^^^

honestly, trump must be the longest architectural foreplay in the history of toronto.

Hardly. Bay Adelaide started in 1989 or so.

All of the above are not really pivitol projects by most standards--> large, yes! important- debateable..some more than others. However, these projects have all been mired in some form of problem or another-corruption, bribery, bankruptcy-economic meltdowns..etc.

p5

Other than its height (which is not breaking any milestones), the design is okay at best, there really is nothing special about the project. The hotel-condo combo is not unique in Toronto either. Any to say having the first Trump in Canada is a milestone, I'm not sure many would really care.

Other than its height (which is not breaking any milestones), the design is okay at best, there really is nothing special about the project. The hotel-condo combo is not unique in Toronto either. Any to say having the first Trump in Canada is a milestone, I'm not sure many would really care.

That was an insightful post. Thanks for your contribution

I think that Trump was in fact a milestone - because, in a way, it paved the way for the other 5 star hotels we are now getting....until Trump, Toronto was pretty much unproven for the 5 star hotel market. Hopefully they will all be successful after they open..

We shouldn't underestimate the world attention that having this project has given us, imo.

That was an insightful post. Thanks for your contribution

Why do you get so upset when someone doesn't like this tower? You are the same way on SSC. Please don't carry that immature crap over to UT too! Be respectful that people have other opinions besides yours.

Why do you get so upset when someone doesn't like this tower? You are the same way on SSC. Please don't carry that immature crap over to UT too! Be respectful that people have other opinions besides yours.

hmmm, does anyone else see the hypocracy of your post? You want me to be respectful of other peoples opinions yet you come after me for mine?

I think that Trump was in fact a milestone - because, in a way, it paved the way for the other 5 star hotels we are now getting....until Trump, Toronto was pretty much unproven for the 5 star hotel market. Hopefully they will all be successful after they open..

Even in this, it was Ritz that first saw the potential for five star hotels in Toronto.

The reason I have a problem is that the tower hoped it could be the best by going for the tallest building in Canada. I'm sure some people thought that was an important milestone, yet the tower ended up losing out on this too. They had the option of making a tower that really stood out as a landmark, and instead chose a design which is okay, but now has been drummed down due to slow sales. Many forumers have commented on the ordinary design in the past. We should't just accept a project because of its height, or the name behind it. It should offer us something new, and this project just doesn't have that.

Oh well just my uninsightful post. Thats ends it.

Every project starts with idle machines sitting on site.

It's all part of the construction tease.

Back