Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Shangri-la, late last night... makes a huge impact from the north-west!

6174581841_84638fe5cf_b.jpg

Great picture! I feel bad for those sub-penthouse owners who'll have the KPMG logo en blazed on their foreheads every night though.

Adelaide will be closed from University to Bay, and Bay is closed from King to Richmond.

Wow. that is a HUGE stretch!. good thing it's saturday. i wonder why they have to close it from University. why not just from York?

btw: during these road closures, are pedestrians allowed to walk on the sidewalks? (and possibly on the empty roads?).

University was chosen because you can direct traffic either North or South. If you started the road closure at York, you would force everyone to turn North.

I was of the opinion that all the sidewalks should be closed, as well, but it's not really possible to do that without arranging for like five times as many police officers (and it already takes quite a few to close all those roads).

Great picture! I feel bad for those sub-penthouse owners who'll have the KPMG logo en blazed on their foreheads every night though.

it will most likely be dimmed, if not turned off.. but even still, i'd like to see what it looks like from the inside when it's all lit up!

by the "spire jacking", does that mean that today, the spire will be jacked to it's full height, resting on the concrete on the northwest corner???
Is today the day that Trump Toronto becomes the 2nd tallest building in Canada???

That's the plan, yes.

wow... this is crazy... i can't imagine that Scotia is gonna be #3 now.

Scotia Plaza: enjoy each and every moment, let every last second count, tell your brother FCP that he's about to have some company.... it's only a matter of time now...

wow... this is crazy... i can't imagine that Scotia is gonna be #3 now.

Scotia Plaza: enjoy each and every moment, let every last second count, tell your brother FCP that he's about to have some company.... it's only a matter of time now...

Spires are cheating!

Spires are cheating!
EXACTLY!!!! Everything should be measured by roof height. If we are counting spires then we should count broadcast antennas. and if we count antennas then we should count towers....i guess if it was like that FCP would be listed as 330m and the CN tower would be recognized as a building. spires look awesome but its a damn shame they count for height. Scotia is still number 2 for height in my books

Spire jacking has started. It's about half way up the jacking structure.
all i can say is :D

Im hoping the only reason its so quiet on this forum right now is that everyone is out taking photos and videos of the spire being raised

So... that's it then?

Back