Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

`
trumps23.jpg

I have a questions about those new skyscrapers... as you can see, the Trump Tower is extremely close to other tall buildings such as FCP, Scotia Plaza, Bay-Adelaide Center, all over 200m. I mean, really close. Won't they block the light and view of each other? They can easily move to a bit east of Yonge St, which is 5 minutes walking away and could be a lot cheaper. I don't understand why these towers have to be jammed together, all by the corner of King/Adelaide and Bay. The Trump Tower is not even an office building, and it doesn't really have to be next to the two tall bank towers. Or it is a symbol of status? If moved 500 meters east, the view could be so much better, and the city's downtown skyline looks better as well. right now, as most skyscrapers crowded next to each other, from a distance, you can't even see the most part of many of them.

Very nice Redroom. Perfectly overexposed. Curious: Do you bracket all of the shots you do? If so, in what increments?

hey thanks, my camera has hdr blending built into it with a maximum of 6.0 EV increase taken with 3 shots would be +3.0, 0, -3.0 I believe. I dont really know what settings I used for this particular image but thats the great thing about having it all in the camera. You instantly see your results and then can make one simple adjustment using the EV compensation setting to produce a brighter or darker result.

kkgg7 - exactly. I have been saying the same thing since Trump was a hole in the ground. The views of the city are much better from buildings which are removed by some distance.

hey thanks, my camera has hdr blending built into it with a maximum of 6.0 EV increase taken with 3 shots would be +3.0, 0, -3.0 I believe. I dont really know what settings I used for this particular image but thats the great thing about having it all in the camera. You instantly see your results and then can make one simple adjustment using the EV compensation setting to produce a brighter or darker result.

Sorry Mods for the off-topic but this is really interesting... So Redroom your camera will automatically tone-map those 3 images into an HDR in-camera? To be honest, I didn't realize it was HDR - Just thought it was a nice exposure! And you will typically bracket your HDR photos in increments of 3 stops? My camera only does a max of 2-stop increments, but I typically just use the +/- feature anyway.

Last edited:
"I think our tall towers should spread out, especially east of Yonge, where there are plenty of surface lots and lowrise buildings just waiting to be redeveloped into something huge. Yonge St should be a central street, not the eastern edge of the downtown/CBD."

I know that plenty of developers have approached owners of some of the parking lots remaning east of yonge around richmond, queen, etc. The owners are willing to negotiate but they are refusing to take vendor take back mortgages. Most developers dont want to drop 60mill on a huge parking lot, if they cant get it financed at least a portion of it. That is what i heard from a few people trying to broker these deals.

Bruvyman, yes - SONY calls it hdr, but really its just exposure blending without any tone mapping. It gives a more balanced final result but is not as artistically appealing as using a stand alone program to blend multiple images. I'm a lazy photographer though so this option works well for me.

Spire going up

I just wanted to give everyone a head's up... the spire is scheduled to be jacked up over the weekend. Most likely on Saturday. Cheers!

Should be interesting.
And not to suggest that anything will go wrong, but I do hope that they close off the streets down below just as a precaution.

Should be interesting.
And not to suggest that anything will go wrong, but I do hope that they close off the streets down below just as a precaution.

It should be pretty safe. that's why they built a condom (i mean, steel cage) around it. for protection... it's pretty tight so it shouldn't be moving around in there,

Back