Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Is the floor being poured now the last residential floor or is there one more to go?

Are they replacing defective glass now? That second last shot shows them with a piece.

That was my impression when I first saw it from a distance. When I was up close, it looked like they were replacing the glass.

amazing zoom clarity drum118!...

Just looking at this photo, what's up with the people picture being set up on the wall??? is that permanent?... looks completely random/out of nowhere!!

July 21

5963032482_87c2ccd482_b.jpg

]

While this critique is premature and one must note that I have no idea what the above art will look like when finished or even if it is a permanent fixture of the entrance port-cochere...

However, none of that has ever stopped me from criticizing before so...

Having a stadium of people watch you arrive by limousine is more like a WWE-style entrance... Wouldn't a mural of a crowd of Paparazzi with flashing cameras make the visitors and hotel guests feel more like the 5-Star celebrities they want to emulate?

Last edited:
Looks like crap imo, dated and weird crap. Just my opinion but I would think leaving the marble alone or stone or whatever the walls are made with would be much nicer.

Having a stadium of people watch you arrive by limousine is more like a WWE-style entrance... Wouldn't a mural of a crowd of Paparazzi with flashing cameras make the visitors and hotel guests feel more like the 5-Star celebrities they want to emulate?

More like a looping video of poor people in a standing ovation.

Maybe we should wait until the art is installed before tearing it apart? Lord. If the Mona Lisa was being installed in there and half the painting was put up, people would be saying, "I don't like how it's half a face."

Maybe we should wait until the art is installed before tearing it apart? Lord. If the Mona Lisa was being installed in there and half the painting was put up, people would be saying, "I don't like how it's half a face."

We don't apply that principle to the building themselves while their being built

July 23
Talking to people on site today, they thought the mosaic tiles looked out of place for this building and I agree.

Was not sure what was going on in the photos I shot a few days ago with spots showing up, but that is what you see in person and not sure why it is like that.

The joke on site is "oh more stuff from China showing up and looks like they could not find someone local to make it cheap.

A number of windows glass and framing have been replace on the lower levels so far.

5970948682_a85cd9a342_b.jpg

5970414899_3bf0079e95_b.jpg

5970415601_87a033e1f4_b.jpg

5970410221_f6df07a1dd_b.jpg

5970410921_52718834ae_b.jpg

5970409429_df1de28b19_b.jpg

Back