Toronto SIX50 King West | ?m | 16s | Freed | Core Architects

Apparently a crane is giong in today for the King Street building, and in a few weeks, one will also go in for the Bathurst Street building. The cranes do the last of the digging and then start the construction.

As of yesterday afternoon (Friday, May 21), the hole for the crane base had been dug out, but installation of the rebar nest had not been started. Once the rebar nest has been made, the concrete base will be poured, and have to harden before the crane itself can be installed. Given a short week next week, my guess would be the crane would be installed some time around the June 5 / 6 weekend.

AHK

The crane is going in tomorrow (25th) on the King St. side. Once it is up (likely as stated above into early June) they will start work on footings and foundation walls along King St.

The crane is going in tomorrow (25th) on the King St. side. Once it is up (likely as stated above into early June) they will start work on footings and foundation walls along King St.

Have you seen the site? When we walked by last night, the hole for the crane base has been dug, however it was completely empty. The rebar is stacked to one side, to the west of the base. If a crane is to be at the site today, it will be a small mobile crane - not the tower crane on the King Street side.

While possible, it would be very unusual to deliver the crane to the site, and leave it in pieces on the ground for a couple of weeks. The site does not have a large ground level staging area, so when the crane is delivered, it would have to be either installed on its base, or sit in the excavated area, which would have a major impact on the ongoing activities.

AHK

Last edited:
I was there this morning. The crane base was poured today. Rebar was installed by 11AM and the concrete pump was already on site and preparing to pour. Apparently they are using high early strength concrete so that it will be strong enough to erect the main tower crane this Friday (May 28). This is a very quick turnaround, but it seems like they are doing everything they can right now to speed up the process so they can begin footings ASAP. I don't have any pictures right now, but I will try to get some tomorrow.

May 28, 2010

six60king-20100528-1.jpg

six60king-20100528-2.jpg

I have heard the the second crane for the Bathurst St. building will be going in within 4 to 6 weeks.

Updated August 6th

Attachments

• IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 181
There are going to be 3 levels of parking in the King Street building. They have finished P3, and are now finishing P2. Once they get to grade level, that will apparently take a while to complete because it is more complicated. They expect that the Bathurst Street building will be doing some catching up during that time. The Bathurst building will take longer to complete because it is also 6 stories taller.

There are going to be 3 levels of parking in the King Street building. They have finished P3, and are now finishing P2. Once they get to grade level, that will apparently take a while to complete because it is more complicated. They expect that the Bathurst Street building will be doing some catching up during that time. The Bathurst building will take longer to complete because it is also 6 stories taller.

Any idea of when the King or Bathhurst buildings are scheduled for occupancy? I would assume that both will be above grade level by the end of the year.

Back