Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

now that i think of it, the Ritz's views are actually not that great (when compared to those of four seasons, shangri-la, etc...), sure they're unobstructed to the north/west, but you don't really feel downtown or where all the actions happening, but they're not bad by any means, just odd.

They are pretty great actually Steveve, I just haven't run many lately as both of our more recent tours happened on cloudier days. The higher the better of course!

dscn2430.jpg

Indeed the Ritz interiors are looking much better in these latest pics, especially the restaurant. I really like the wood and stainless steel. The light fixtures are very nice with the exception of that red hanging clump over the main lobby bar. Do not like the grey chairs, or those in the the restaurant- they detract for me.

Small pool and the exercise room looks very crowded, which is typical for condos but I would have thought they would have gone for something more being the ritz.

The pool is small compared to those you would find in getaway resorts, but not too tiny for a city hotel. The exercise room did not feel crowded at all - just well stocked with equipment! Maybe it was a bit of a telephoto shot which compresses depth somewhat... anyway, that room is L-shaped, and the photo only looks down one side of the L.

The pool is small compared to those you would find in getaway resorts, but not too tiny for a city hotel. The exercise room did not feel crowded at all - just well stocked with equipment! Maybe it was a bit of a telephoto shot which compresses depth somewhat... anyway, that room is L-shaped, and the photo only looks down one side of the L.

All these infinity pools are useless. You can't even swim in them. I guess they're just meant to dip your feet in. Whatever happened to building pools that take more than 3 strokes to cross? Their specifications are perfect if you have the same frame as Tom Thumb.

HATE that suburban look!!! (even Bank of america on its own looked like a suburban office tower all alone)

There's not a single thing in that photo that says "suburbs" to me. Simcoe Place does not have any features that characterize a suburban office tower such as the plethora of space around the building occupied by parking and underused, over watered landscaped areas.

There's not a single thing in that photo that says "suburbs" to me. Simcoe Place does not have any features that characterize a suburban office tower such as the plethora of space around the building occupied by parking and underused, over watered landscaped areas.

your right suburbs are mainly country/urban, and contain mainly houses and don't have a lot of commerial buildings.

I was recently in Washington and Boston. None of their Ritz-Carlton hotels had logos on the top of their buildings. The Boston one looked similar to ours in glass and blandness. The Washington one looked like an early 1990's Holiday Inn. Toronto didn't fare so bad after all.

Back