Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

May 29
5774976076_83837a16ab_b.jpg

5774438973_f2f8d5fe5a_b.jpg

5774440215_2fc7bbb2e4_b.jpg

While I love the Ritz, I am quite annoyed at two details that are taking away from what I believe is a tremendously elegant tower: (1) at nighttime, a set of garish bare fluorescent lights - presumably lighting some type of maintenance passageway - are left on near the top of the north side "fin", ruining the otherwise interesting top portion of the building; and (2) on the south side, the window-washing crane, even while stowed so as to be parallel to the width of the building, ruins the neat angle of the roof line. I wonder if the crane is able to retract down into the gap between the slope and the fin (i.e., completely out of view), and people are just too lazy to actually do so?

Low Bidder: thanks for adding the photo, but you should include an attribution if you have not taken it yourself.

Edit: Photo removed.

Last edited:
Who owns that site? It surely could support a supertall :)

i'd really like to see a supertall there as well, though interestingly enough, i was at city hall today and in their database/computer model what's visioned for future development there looks like a 2 tower proposal that is about 150m tops. i don't believe it's an official proposal, just a vision of what's planned. of course, this could always change into a single tower, though i doubt any serious height will be implemented due to shadow concerns. i was surprised something 2-towered would be built on that lot,

Just read some reviews on Tripadvisor... The Ritz's reviews are gleaming, apparently the detail paid to the service given to guests is second to none.

Back