393     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Toronto Raptors

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Cavs in five? Or will the eight days of rest hurt them?
I think Cavs in 5 is even being generous to the Raptors. I'm just happy to have another 4 games minimum.

Also this:

4dNRtUn.jpg

*Source

Cavs in 4 or 5; probably the former. What are the chances that JV will be back this series? It's imperative that he returns in order for the Raptors to have any chance of winning this series.

P.S. Gotta love the WeHereNow hashtag. Why do the Raptors insist upon using such moronic, grammatically incorrect, nonsensical slogans? First: We The North, now this. What does 'We Here Now' even mean? The NBA used to be such a classy league, but this new generation of players, that grew up on gangsta rap, is embarrassing in terms of the way they carry themselves. I miss the Jordan/Bird era of the 80s and 90s.

Last edited:
Why do the Raptors insist upon using such moronic, grammatically incorrect, nonsensical slogans? First: We The North, now this. What does 'We Here Now' even mean? The NBA used to be such a classy league, but this new generation of players, that grew up on gangsta rap, is embarrassing in terms of the way they carry themselves. I miss the Jordan/Bird era of the 80s and 90s.
The game was also more physical back then, and there were a lot more brawls and punch-fests. Most teams had big, bruising guys with limited talent who were there to keep the peace, or break it if necessary. Too risky to employ guys like that today, not unlike goons in hockey.

The hashtags are dumb, but the kids eat them up. They don't care about you or me.

Blame the Twitter generation for the degradation of slogans. Entropy at its finest, indeed.

Slogans were much more creative before Twitter was founded.

I missed the pre-gangsta rap era of the NBA, though the Raptors didn't exist back then.
It's not entirely Twitter's fault. We Here Now is just one example of the concerted effort to dumb down English via hip hop culture. That has nothing to do with Twitter's limited character count, but rather a stupid mentality that promotes the idea that being unintelligent is cool (basically, distinguishing speech from white people somehow makes black guys more hip). That idiocy is completely due to rap/hip hop and not Twitter. It doesn't help that the Raptors' official spokesperson is one of these fools (though he is actually probably quite educated, given his Forest Hill upbringing; which makes his street image even more farcical than rappers that actually grew up in the hood and truly are the types that would speak this way).

Anyway, break out the barbecue sauce because Toronto is going to get grilled in this series.

It's not entirely Twitter's fault. We Here Now is just one example of the concerted effort to dumb down English via hip hop culture. That has nothing to do with Twitter's limited character count, but rather a stupid mentality that promotes the idea that being unintelligent is cool (basically, distinguishing speech from white people somehow makes black guys more hip). That idiocy is completely due to rap/hip hop and not Twitter. It doesn't help that the Raptors' official spokesperson is one of these fools (though he is actually probably quite educated, given his Forest Hill upbringing; which makes his street image even more farcical than rappers that actually grew up in the hood and truly are the types that would speak this way).

Anyway, break out the barbecue sauce because Toronto is going to get grilled in this series.

Yawn...Anything else you wanna blame hip hop for? Hip hop also causes famine.

Back