402     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 290     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 317     0 

Toronto Raptors

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
That was a great game! I think the NBA is quite shocked that this wasn't a sweep.

You can say that again. Everyone was saying "sweep" like it was a given. That's when the underdog has nothing to lose to shake things up. I honestly don't forsee this going to 6 games and certainly not 7 but hey, they're still our hometown Raptors so we'll cheer them on regardless.

Surprising that the Raptors have won twice against Cleveland, but watch, they'll get smoked again on the road.

Surprising that the Raptors have won twice against Cleveland, but watch, they'll get smoked again on the road.
The series comes back to Toronto for Game 6, so we could force a seventh game. I doubt many people are expecting to go to the finals here, but the possibility is becoming harder and harder to rule out. Just enjoy the ride man.

The Warriors are losing again, so the NBA must be freaking out about possibly not getting the final series they wanted.

On a related note, MLSE's marketing department is back at it with the garbage they keep producing:
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/05/24/goofy-or-gritty-fans-react-to-free-raptors-t-shirts.html

Can they honestly get one thing right? First it's the logo, then the jerseys, then the "graffiti", now the shirts. I dont know what kind of "marketing" this is, but it isnt good.
What do you expect when their head honcho marketer is a hip hop artist with no artistic talent? The first order of business should be to drop the corny 'Raptor' name. I don't know what I would call the team, but the name should go. I don't understand why it was chosen as one would have known that Jurassic Park was a transient cultural infatuation. Much of the team's fan base wasn't even alive in 1993. How about: Toronto Offishals (as in Kardinal)?

Perhaps the Raptors could very well be renamed Drakes after the rapper who is the global ambassador of said team. After all, in general, drakes are synonymous with dragons (and yes, drakes are linguistically cognate with dragons) and for a very long time, the Chinese, the Koreans, the Japanese, and the Vietnamese considered dinosaurs the same as dragons. Read here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DinosaursAreDragons

Note that the Mandarin name for the Toronto Raptors (多伦多猛龙 ) means "Toronto Fierce Dragons."

Of course Drake (the rapper) would not object to that; the team could very well have draconic imagery in its logo as well (they could keep its logo and have extremely minimal changes to it).

How would someone in California know the significance of the number "905" as in "Raptors 905"? It is for the same reason why Torontonians don't recognize the significance of the number "415" (the area code for San Francisco, being just one digit away from Toronto's area code).

Last edited:
How predictable. You have to give it to the Raptors. They are consistently atrocious on the road. What a useless team. They don't even deserve to have made it this far, and I don't know how they have. They're not a good basketball team. It's a head scratcher figuring out how they've made it this deep into the playoffs.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict a loss tonight.

Last edited:
How predictable. You have to give it to the Raptors. They are consistently atrocious on the road. What a useless team. They don't even deserve to have made it this far, and I don't know how they have. They're not a good basketball team. It's a head scratcher figuring out how they've made it this deep into the playoffs.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict a loss tonight.
Your prediction about Game 5 turned out to be accurate.

There is a podcast on fivethirtyeight.com about this: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-is-going-on-in-the-nba-conference-finals/

Note that the Warriors are also not doing well.

Even with no hope for a comeback late in the game, the ACC, Jurassic Park, and the York+Bremner intersection beyond were filled with cheering fans to the very end. Seeing that level of dedication and loyalty from the fans was really the cherry on top of a huge season (and postseason). I really hope DeRozan and Biyombo stay on the team for next season, but I doubt we will keep both.

Even with no hope for a comeback late in the game, the ACC, Jurassic Park, and the York+Bremner intersection beyond were filled with cheering fans to the very end. Seeing that level of dedication and loyalty from the fans was really the cherry on top of a huge season (and postseason). I really hope DeRozan and Biyombo stay on the team for next season, but I doubt we will keep both.
The Raptors will never be championship caliber with DeRozan and Lowry as their main guys. They're B level players at best and don't have what it takes to win it all. Neither of them can play consistently well when it counts and they seem to lack confidence a lot of the time.

The Raptors will never be championship caliber with DeRozan and Lowry as their main guys.
Just enjoy the moment man. Sheesh.

Back