Toronto Parade at Concord CityPlace | 127.4m | 44s | Concord Adex | P + S / IBI

the Parade pit looks like 3 levels of underground parking? if so I'm suprised so little parking for so many units

the Parade pit looks like 3 levels of underground parking? if so I'm suprised so little parking for so many units

Good. As I've said before (and ol' Brucy KPMB agrees), we should be constructing fewer parking spaces in new structures, not more. In place of such facilities, we should integrate car-sharing programs and bicycle storage facilities.

Then again everyone knows that you need a car to get from Spadina and Front to Queen and University so perhaps this is a redundant suggestion.

A number of newer projects will have fewer parking spots than units. Also, some developers are restricting parking availability to larger/more expensive units. If you buy a one bedroom, you will have to try and purchase a spot off one of your neighbours.

I wonder how long it will be until the arrival of a smaller, PATH-linked project that has little or no parking?

One can presume that the city has changed its attitude towards demanding a minimum number of parking spaces.

But is it really so little? It may not be deep but it's certainly covers alot of area. From what I see, that floorplate should easily hold 240 cars, plus basement areas, plus lockers and bicycle storage

240 cars isn't a lot if you compare to the number of units for 4 towers. (2 high rise, 2 low rise).

This is one mega slab Current ('building' to the right of Luna). I had no idea Cityplace was building such monstrocities.

2861904828_6d70f97d37_b.jpg

Yea just in case you can't tell that's two buildings your looking at : - )
That's a bad pic.

The city really should have done something when it became evident that Luna would be clad in the same black panels as the other buildings. I really like that West One and N1 were done in black. The joke got a little old with Montage and it's downright depressing to see yet another structure receive this treatment. Just before I left for Europe, I visited the Cityplace sales center for a few pictures (no luck). I was told by a particularly lackluster employee that Parade was their 'luxury' building. Perhaps this means they'll spring for some new cladding.

...or we can just hope that RONA puts different color on sale...

Back