22     0 
News   May 29, 2024
 1.2K     6 
News   May 29, 2024
 2.6K     7 

Toronto non-mall retail (Odds & Ends)

• Thread starter marksimpson7843
  • Start date
They've been out of there for a while now, no? I'm surprised Roots hasn't made a bigger and more splashy go of their furniture line in Toronto even if I've always thought it was fairly skimpy in size of collection and grossly overpriced.

I didn't even know they had a furniture collection!

edit: Gross, it looks like Leons or The Brick.

BTW, Philthy McNasty's (formerly the Peel Pub location) on King St W (in the Entertainment District) has closed.

Thank heavens. I was dragged into that shithole in the summer by some friends who wanted chicken wings. I actually felt embarrassed to be in a place like that.

Having bought a small black leather carry-on bag, with a nice little key on a tassel looped round one of the handles, at Heathrow's duty free Bally shop the other day, I now desperately crave the eye candy allure of leather luggage even more than previously. I'd happily give up travel for a few years ( not that I do a huge amount of it ... ) and even stop ogling Casa from the intersection of Yonge and Bloor for a while if a Swaine Adeney Brigg Gladstone bag came into my life right now. Could we not have one decent luggage store, suffused with the sweet scent of leather, in our town - somewhere that people like me could gather to hang out in now and then?

Thank heavens. I was dragged into that shithole in the summer by some friends who wanted chicken wings. I actually felt embarrassed to be in a place like that.

I hear that. I'm hoping the one on Eglinton East meets the same fate. Brutal place.

Can't quite figure out where this is going but...

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON M4W 1A8

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 09 158824 BLD 00 BA Issued Date: Oct 29, 2009

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to main level retail and construct mezzanine office/storage area for new Longo's grocery store. Convenience address - 100 Bloor St E.

I was trying to help my mom find something today and after an internet search came to the realization that there's hardly any Grand & Toy's left in the 905. For example, in all of Peel Region, there's only one in Erin Mills Town Centre. Even in Toronto, most are along the subway lines or right in the core. I don't remember reading anything about them in the news, but I'm assuming they've recently contracted seriously. I remember the day where virtually every mall would have a Grand & Toy.

I was trying to help my mom find something today and after an internet search came to the realization that there's hardly any Grand & Toy's left in the 905. For example, in all of Peel Region, there's only one in Erin Mills Town Centre. Even in Toronto, most are along the subway lines or right in the core. I don't remember reading anything about them in the news, but I'm assuming they've recently contracted seriously. I remember the day where virtually every mall would have a Grand & Toy.

AFAIK, a few years ago they decided to more or less give up the storefront retail scene to Office/Business Depot and concentrate on direct sales to businesses instead.

Originally Posted by Darkstar416

BTW, Philthy McNasty's (formerly the Peel Pub location) on King St W (in the Entertainment District) has closed.

Bring back the Peel Pub! I miss those gigantic pitchers... sure they were tainted, but they were cheap!

Having bought a small black leather carry-on bag, with a nice little key on a tassel looped round one of the handles, at Heathrow's duty free Bally shop the other day, I now desperately crave the eye candy allure of leather luggage even more than previously. I'd happily give up travel for a few years ( not that I do a huge amount of it ... ) and even stop ogling Casa from the intersection of Yonge and Bloor for a while if a Swaine Adeney Brigg Gladstone bag came into my life right now. Could we not have one decent luggage store, suffused with the sweet scent of leather, in our town - somewhere that people like me could gather to hang out in now and then?

http://www.bettyhemmingsleathergoods.com/

You're welcome. :)

Back