Toronto Nicholas Residences | ?m | 35s | Urban Capital | Core Architects

Though I love sleek Modernism, I forgot how boring this project became after the redesign. I wish they could bring back the peanut.

Though it *might* prove oddly complimentary to Scientology, even if the latter's anything but "sleek" these days...

That's what I thought too ... until I looked back at the scaled model, which shows only the 3 storey building (further south) being preserved / reconstructed

Thanks for clearing that up Solaris

well in all fairness ... Nicholas Residences is at minimum more interesting looking with its staggering balconeis when compared with the typical glass box than 'some' architects are infamous for ~ :rolleyes:

I'll take a thousand aA buildings over many of the other glass buildings going up. As interesting as the staggered balconies appear right now, I am not sure how noticable they will appear when the building is finished and "home items" like curtains, lights, furniture, etc. are taken into account. I say this after taking a few minutes last night to look at Dia (in North York). The same staggered balconies are on that building yet not the most noticeable unless you are up close.

The southern building on this site (some kind of mill) is being dismantled by hand.

nicholasmill.jpg

Though it *might* prove oddly complimentary to Scientology, even if the latter's anything but "sleek" these days...

Yeah, ultimately I don't mind it, but it's just sort of there. We'll see if the finishing details and ground level bring it all together nicely though. As always it's best to reserve judgement until the final product is complete.

A simple scene of the current Nicholas site near Yonge & St. Mary looking south. Look at all the buildings that will change this view. And this doesn't include the possible development on Wellesley near Yonge.

nicholasdemo.jpg

Back