Toronto Nicholas Residences | ?m | 35s | Urban Capital | Core Architects

They haven't listed the suite layouts for the upper floors yet on their website, I'm curious to see what the plans are like.

Just a couple of pics. I believe they should be getting started on this project in the near future.

nicholas.jpg

stnick.jpg

Just a few errant swipes of the hydraulic maw, and blammo, decrepit duct-tape secured Scientology building windows and drapes broken and requiring replacement. And then I woke up.

Just a few errant swipes of the hydraulic maw, and blammo, decrepit duct-tape secured Scientology building windows and drapes broken and requiring replacement. And then I woke up.

lol ... one can dream.
if only that building was being razed for this new condo instead ... oh well.

btw, isn't that supposed to be a commercial use building?
i suspect it's being used for residential purposes.
maybe cult status, i mean religious, gives them an exemption.

Last edited:
If it were in better shape I could almost see a preservationist arguing to protect the Scientology building. It's very characteristic of its era

I'd argue on its behalf, on "neglect preserves" grounds. Y'know, they may be ducttaped up, but those windows are original--if anything deflects the preservationist, it ain't the building's condition, it's the building's tenancy. Like, the risk of getting Scientologist cooties or something...

Should be gone by tomorrow

I walked down Yonge St. probably within minutes of you taking this as it looked exactly like your photo and was surprised to see this. I thought the facade was being disassembled and rebuilt?

That's what I thought too ... until I looked back at the scaled model, which shows only the 3 storey building (further south) being preserved / reconstructed

IMG_4090.jpg

Back