Toronto Nicholas Residences | ?m | 35s | Urban Capital | Core Architects

I'm with ya guys. When Brother's closed down the whole neighbourhood shed a tear I think. There's Peter at the cash and Tom whizzing by.

dinerarm.jpg

It doesn't really need a whole lot of work on the outside aside from brick cleaning. A chiller on the roof and HVAC for central air in the interior would rid the windows of the a/c units, matching double paned clear glass and consistent window coverings would sharpen this baby right up. Brother's restaurant returning to the "testing" area would be a dream, but it's only a dream.

I urge caution with the window-replacement issue on similar grounds to 111 Richmond. The existing babies may be single-paned energy-wasting casements and in hilariously "original" condition, but, still...

I urge caution with the window-replacement issue on similar grounds to 111 Richmond. The existing babies may be single-paned energy-wasting casements and in hilariously "original" condition, but, still...

Your correct, and I thought it while typing that poor window replacements could do more damage than good here. They don't make 'em like they used to.

I'm with ya guys. When Brother's closed down the whole neighbourhood shed a tear I think. There's Peter at the cash and Tom whizzing by.

Wow, Brother's! My heart warms when I look at that photo with all the memories of decades of great meals we had there (every meal was great), the fun service (I forget the woman's name, was it Lula?) and especially one of my great friends who isn't with us anymore who used to eat there with us. A simple place it was with great food, good prices and the atmosphere of a time gone by.

Your correct, and I thought it while typing that poor window replacements could do more damage than good here. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Wow, Brother's! My heart warms when I look at that photo with all the memories of decades of great meals we had there (every meal was great), the fun service (I forget the woman's name, was it Lula?) and especially one of my great friends who isn't with us anymore who used to eat there with us. A simple place it was with great food, good prices and the atmosphere of a time gone by.

Her name was Voula...loved her! Whenever I went in for dinner, I always had the coconut cream pie....Voula would try to outdo herself every time by burying my plate in whipped cream....she used to howl with laughter when she'd see the shock on my face!

It looks like progress has been really slow, not unlike many other developments, mind you. They were initially anticipating a 2013 completion date which has obviously been extended to 2014 at the earliest.

Back