Toronto Neptune + Neptune 2 Condominiums | 120.09m | 38s | Lanterra | P + S / IBI

July 9 2011 update

Normally I'm not a big fan of mid-rises ... but during my revisit, I think Neptune 2 may very well be the best looking building in the Waterpark City complex :D

IMG_1121.jpg
IMG_1120.jpg

I shot this on July 08 and the photos are up on my site.

That bridge or centre section is the exercise/Gym area.

Normally I'm not a big fan of mid-rises ... but during my revisit, I think Neptune 2 may very well be the best looking building in the Waterpark City complex :D

From a pedestrian's perspective, mid-rise buildings can make for a grand and dense streetscape without the wind, shadowing, and vista issues of high-rise buildings. They're less likely to turn side streets into mere servicing laneways as high-rise buildings have often done in the Financial District.

It's a real shame it hasn't gotten underway.

I thought it was going to be funded by developments, but it seems to have been stalled indefinitely.

The sign went up not that long ago -- I don't know if that's progress or not. Developments are still happening, and we're still being promised that it's coming, so fingers crossed.

As the way things typically get done (when you have bureaucracy like the City) ... the lands are secured, the park design is done, money for park construction is collected from developers, and it takes another 3-4 years before the City begins park construction

Whats up with this empty lot, is it not designated for greenspace/parkette.

It is; it is the future home of June Callwood Park

It's a real shame it hasn't gotten underway.

I thought it was going to be funded by developments, but it seems to have been stalled indefinitely.

I contacted the landscape architect. They are under the impression that work on the park may begin this fall, but is more likely to take place during the Spring of 2012. That's when most of the plants will be going in, in any case. The thread for the park is here.

Back