Toronto MuseumHouse | 71.01m | 19s | Yorkville Group | P + S / IBI

img1064w.jpg

are there any plans to squeeze a building between museum house and the intercontinental? Remenyi music and that office building?

It's lookin so pretty with all those plants hanging.

I'm always surprised how few Torontonians have balcony planters like that. I suppose many of them are so small they're not really functional as outside rooms, but still. I have a good 10 feet of planters and it makes all the difference in the world.

It looks as if the person on the second floor held out as long as possible in order not to get the same plants as everyone else.

Normally I love greenery but this is ridulous. As though some real estate agent was trying to sell all the units at the same time. I am stunned everyone went for exactly the same shrubs. Lazy. Sort of like those Burberry scarfs at Christmas.

Normally I love greenery but this is ridulous. As though some real estate agent was trying to sell all the units at the same time. I am stunned everyone went for exactly the same shrubs. Lazy. Sort of like those Burberry scarfs at Christmas.

The plants are almost an architectural feature--a refreshing touch of whimsical elegance in a prominent area that's most visible to visitors to the city. If there isn't uniformity to the plants, then the choices should be controlled, perhaps with the guidance of an architect or landscape designer. Random plants along every balcony will look inharmonious.

On a less serious note, one phrase that comes to mind in seeing the rows of balcony plants decorating this high-rise is "New York run by the Swiss". :D

Last edited:
The plants are almost an architectural feature--a refreshing touch of whimsical elegance in a prominent area that's most visible to visitors to the city. If there isn't uniformity to the plants, then the choices should be controlled, perhaps with the guidance of an architect or landscape designer. Random plants along every balcony will look inharmonious.

On a less serious note, one phrase that comes to mind in seeing the rows of balcony plants decorating this high-rise is "New York run by the Swiss". :D

correct. wow, buildup is out to lunch!

So are the plants mandated by the condo board? What if I bought the unit on the fifth floor and decided to hang up my extensive collection of Diana memorial tea-towels instead?

Back