Toronto MuseumHouse | 71.01m | 19s | Yorkville Group | P + S / IBI

i just find it cool how what you see is what you get when it comes to how small this building's floor plan is. the space does look very small, but very private.

Here are some links to finished interiors if anyone is interested.

http://www.johnstonanddaniel.com/206-Bloor-St-W/Toronto/toronto/974805
http://www.johnstonanddaniel.com/206-Bloor-St-W/Toronto/toronto/974634

Personally, I would expect a lot more after paying several million dollars. It's not bad, but where is the wow factor? What do you guys think?

I don't think you can really "wow" with builders finishes. I think the "wow" spaces you see in the magazines are usually custom finishes done by the owner/designer, along with painted walls and actual, proper decorating. A good designer could make that space look beautiful.

I don't think you can really "wow" with builders finishes. I think the "wow" spaces you see in the magazines are usually custom finishes done by the owner/designer, along with painted walls and actual, proper decorating. A good designer could make that space look beautiful.

That is a good point, but after looking at pictures of Trump Toronto's standard finishes, I'm thinking everyone will need to step their game up. Four Seasons standards should be incredible as well.

The finishes do look a little like the bare minimum. Especially the moldings. They're so tiny it's something you'd expect in a mid-priced house in the suburbs. But wow, is that a whole lot of space. Speaking of the suburbs, if I didn't know any better, that's what I could have mistaken these pictures for. $2400 maintenance though? Ouch.

Personally, I would expect a lot more after paying several million dollars. It's not bad, but where is the wow factor? What do you guys think?

I'd expect to pay double for Yorkville over Church & Wellesley, but these are 4-5 times more/sq foot. $15,000 fridges, pot lights, and more expensive finishes can only increase a price so much. These units are a rip off.

Here are some links to finished interiors if anyone is interested.

That's a big, big window in the bathroom. Someone facing west in Exhibit is going to have a hell of a view.

img0971pn.jpg

I like it, but was wondering yesterday morning when jogging by why the top two floors don't have the plants. Also, do they let caretakers in the units and onto the balconies to water these? As I'd be surprised if all occupants wished to take on the 'responsibility' of plant maintenance (unless that's why the top two floors don't have it--they didn't agree).

I like it, but was wondering yesterday morning when jogging by why the top two floors don't have the plants.

I suspect the top two floors aren't finished & occupied yet? I pass by this building frequently and the plants started at the lowest floor and worked their way up gradually, as the units seemed to become occupied.

I think the St. Clair West project looks better in every single way, to be entirely honest.

Back