Toronto MuseumHouse | 71.01m | 19s | Yorkville Group | P + S / IBI

Exhibit should help add to the street wall here ... well if it ever starts !

Long Time Coming

For all that's been said on this thread, and I've been reading it since Aug 2007 when I purchased my south facing 2,300 sq ft unit, direct from the developer off plans, MH has turned out pretty much as expected.

Direct elevator access to your flat, only 2 x flats per floor and super exclusive.

Yes, I'm also a little disappointed that we have a dentist downstairs, but at the end of the day, their execution is classy. Plus they won't be moving for many years to come. So there is stability too.

As for the "glass" panels on the south-west wall : there aren't any. Those are false. I understand the Piano Shop owner next door to the west is a stick-in-the-mud and won't be selling anytime soon, condo boom or not. So it may fall to his offspring to develop that site in years to come.

What is certain though, is that when something does go up there, it will not compromise our views from our windows facing west as we don't have any.

There have been some comments earlier regarding the quality and styling of the developer's unit that was mocked up as a display unit (I think it was 601 facing north), well, my info is that most owners (and there are only 26) had brought in their own designers - I did and spent much of 2011 with the developer's agents to execute mine (design, fit & finish).

My only regret? It took so damn long to deliver this project (I bought Q3 2007 & closed Q1 2012) that in the intervening years, I bought and fully gutted / remodeled a whole 4 level Victorian house in a fantastic downtown neighborhood such that I now have a yard, pool, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, office, home theatre, bar etc. and NO CONDO FEE! MuseumHouse could never deliver that.

So why keep it? Well, it IS opposite the ROM (I can see the dinosaurs at night from my living room...) & Philosopher's Walk and does have spectacular views south that will never change or be compromised by more condos. And it IS a very exclusive building. 26 flats on 19 floors? There will ALWAYS be a market for this product to the more cashed up worldly folk out there (coming in from London, Tokyo, Shanghai & Paris for eg.). Unique. This is as close as you will get to Toronto having it's own New York real estate along 5th avenue facing Central Park.

Given it took so long to deliver, there are likely to be a few owners who have simply "moved on" with their lives and plans. In 3 or 4 years time, when that inventory is purged, the Penthouse finally sold and occupied and the new development to the east is complete, mark my words, MH values will appropriately represent tier 1 condo product for all of Canada.

When I retire in 20 years, I'm certain I'll look back and see my original purchase price as good value.

Cheers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,200
Interesting to hear a buyer's first-hand story like that. What does the rest of the unit look like and roughly what did it cost?

Last edited:
Congrats on closing on your place! It has a nice view. I hope you enjoy your unit.
It would be nice to see pics of the lobby, hallways and other common areas.

I would be really pissed.
Not only that a good portion of light, views and privacy has been lost, but that's the reality of city living -- views are often not guaranteed.
Exhibit is built extremely close to Museum House. There should be a bit of breathing room to better show off the architecture of both buildings.

It's funny that west façade looks to be designed to have a building built next to it but not the east façade where it has the most glazing but will be blocked by construction of Exhibit.

As a buyer you'd be crazy to not think about possible future developments and how they might impact your purchase. Personally, i like our downtown city buildings to be closer together, forming tighter streetwalls along our major avenues.

Museum House has windows on all sides except for the west, with balconies only on the north and south exposures.
There are only 1 or 2 units per floor.

There is a unit for sale on the 4th floor for $2.6m and the listing shows the rooms facing Exhibit with the blinds closed:
MH04-1.jpg
MH04-2.jpg

Bath time with views at Museum House will become a view of someone's bath at Exhibit!

Attachments

• MH04-1.jpg
    MH04-1.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 574
  • MH04-2.jpg
    MH04-2.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 582

Back