Toronto MuseumHouse | 71.01m | 19s | Yorkville Group | P + S / IBI

It looks like freshly patched concrete, to me.

I'm not the biggest fan of this building, but the construction behind it is quite impressive. It had one of the most rigorous concrete pour schedules in Toronto, and there is more rebar in MuseumHouse than in buildings two to three times the size of it. Definitely would have been a difficult project to work on.

i have trouble figuring out what that is... is it paint?

It is a stucco treatment made to resemble pre-cast.

As others have rightly speculated, the medical office bldg to the west has common ownership and will likely be developed one day, so the developer seems to be saving money here with this application.

:rolleyes:
Wow this building is despised. For me, it seems to just blend in with the other junk on the north side of Bloor quite well.

Bazis should be able to spice things up with their development planned here.

Track record so far speaks to the contrary.

Crystal Blu?:rolleyes:

I don't find Museum House objectionable nor do I find it appealing. It's a similar feeling to the Four Seasons tower. Excellent location and fine materials but boring architecture and few distinguishable features. Both could easily pose as office buildings.

I noticed yesterday that the top part of the railing on the balconies are indeed planters as the rendering suggests. I can imagine these will look excellent next summer.

mh1.jpg

mh2.jpg

Today

It's not ugly, it's just decent, inoffensive, unassuming infill. The star of that side of the block will be Exhibit.

(of course, if they completely f--- up the stucco wall, I just might eat these words)

Nah. I think the finished parts are pretty darn ugly. And I'm not holding out hope that they will be able to do much to make that wall scintillating.

If this thing was clad like 77 Charles St W, it could be considered a success. Location is the only thing working in this buildings favour. I hope Exhibit steps up to the plate.

Back