Brampton Mount Pleasant Heights | ?m | 14s | Argo Developments

The site is no longer proposed for a mall, but instead, a mix of residential uses - and a potential new Peel Regional Police station.

Fullscreen capture 2021-11-20 125300 AM.jpg

The revised plan is recommended for approval. The proposed police station likely to go in on Lagerfield at Mississauga, with the high density residential facing Bovaird Drive. The site right at the corner of Bovaird and Mississauga - the Apple Factory property - is the subject of a separate high-rise proposal.

212 single detached dwellings
546 townhouse dwellings
8.4 acres of High Density Residential lands
6.6 acres of Medium Density Residential lands
Institutional lands for a Police Station,
a public elementary school, a 2.64 acre park,
32.5 acres for open space, environmental lands and TransCanada Pipeline, and a stormwater management pond

Item 7.1: https://pub-brampton.escribemeeting...a=Agenda&lang=English&Item=33&Tab=attachments

Mississauga & Bovaird.jpg

I believe this site is referenced in a Global News story looking at MZOs (it references Argo Developments, a development at the edge of Brampton and a new Police subdivision.)

The story is .......'concerning' as to the circumstances of how this was handled.

I remember somewhere around this area was being zoned for a future third hospital when Linda Jeffrey was Mayor. Are those lands still being protected are they now being repurposed?

*Edit* Nevermind that's Bovaird and Heritage

63d88d758f92e.image.jpg

I wonder if a Peel police station is still being planned here, with the dissolution of Peel Region? I guess whatever Brampton replaces Peel Police with would need a station anyways?

Also, very sad to say: The Apple Factory, which looked to coexist with new development in these plans, will be closing to make way for residential. :(

Also, page 5 of this shows a proposed new GO station? Isn't mount pleasant close enough?

I wonder if a Peel police station is still being planned here, with the dissolution of Peel Region? I guess whatever Brampton replaces Peel Police with would need a station anyways?

Also, very sad to say: The Apple Factory, which looked to coexist with new development in these plans, will be closing to make way for residential. :(

Also, page 5 of this shows a proposed new GO station? Isn't mount pleasant close enough?

The dissolution of Peel Region probably won’t affect police. What will likely happen is a lot of ad-hoc intermunicipal boards and agencies for things like police, water, and public health. It was just another stunt meant to appease the ghost of Hazel.

Back