Brampton Mount Pleasant Heights | ?m | 14s | Argo Developments

Osmington should focus their efforts on Union Station and get that finished first (and make sure they do a REALLY good job with it). This tiny company shouldn't be trying to take on multiple big projects at the same time. Could spread themselves out too thin.

Last edited:
Interesting. I wonder what their argument will be.

Based on what I've skimmed from planning reports, they're afraid that building a second major (sorry, Shopper's World, you don't count anymore) mall will cannibalize their shoppers, especially shoppers from places like Georgetown and elsewhere in the rural and exurbs.

Which, I guess might happen. But Brampton's supposed to be close to a million people by 2040, so I think they'll be fine.

oh no doubt that is their true rationale, but what I'm sure I42 is wondering is what their planning rationale is. The OMB does not accept "they are going to steal my customers" as a proper reason to block a development.

oh no doubt that is their true rationale, but what I'm sure I42 is wondering is what their planning rationale is. The OMB does not accept "they are going to steal my customers" as a proper reason to block a development.

Otherwise, Sherway Gardens, Woodbine Centre, and Mapleview Mall would have never been built.

Shoppers World is dying, and it should be redeveloped. Once it lost The Bay, there was no hope of it ever coming back.

Osmington should focus their efforts on Union Station and get that finished first. This tiny company shouldn't be trying to take on multiple big projects at the same time.
Aside from the fact that Union will be near completion before this starts (if it starts), I don't know many real estate companies that would suggest/admit that they were only capable of one project at a time.

Not clear to me what the definition of "tiny" is....but these are not their first projects.

Aside from the fact that Union will be near completion before this starts (if it starts), I don't know many real estate companies that would suggest/admit that they were only capable of one project at a time.

Not clear to me what the definition of "tiny" is....but these are not their first projects.
At the pace that Union's progressing, I wouldn't place bets on it.

For a definition of "tiny", visit their office.
It would also give you a number of definitions for... er... other words.

Osmington isn't a tiny company, they are owned by the richest person in Canada and own several malls (and part of the Winnipeg Jets)... they used to own One Yonge until they sold it to Pinnacle.

^ oh, I guess I'm just thinking of their Toronto branch then. Didn't realize they're larger- that changes my views slightly. I guess they could easily acquire additional people to work on their projects. But adds to my perplexion regarding their office in Toronto.

The Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) has approved a key land policy change that could fast track construction on a new mega mall in northwest Brampton.

As someone who lives in Brampton, I rather see Bramalea mall become further developed than another mall in Brampton West.

Issue is traffic...Getting to this mall from the rest of Brampton will be a pain so that is a major issue I see for it.

I rather see a stretch of great retail and condo development from downtown Brampton to Bramalea City Centre really.

Back