Toronto MaRS Centre Phase 2 | 112.77m | 20s | Alexandria | B+H

I'm sure we had a member way back when - pre-VB - who didn't like OCAD because his mother didn't like it. I don't remember his name obviously, but he's probably gone from this forum now at his mother's insistence.

Both statements are equally true (provided of course that everybody DOES love OCAD), it's just that 'everybody loves OCAD' is more useful than 'everybody either loves or hates OCAD', since there are fewer 'empty' possibilities.

Similarly, the statement that 'all current OCAD students are residents of either Ontario or Pluto' is true, just less useful than 'all current OCAD students are residents of Ontario'.

I think it would be very useful to know how many OCAD students are residents of Pluto, just as it would be worth knowing how many are residents of MaRS. Or any other planet.

Wonderful to hear! I imagine the Leslie Street Spit has grown more this year than it has in any previous year. Amazing how much substrate has been busted up in this city and transfered to its new lakeside home these past months, and there's still two and a half more months of 2007 to go...

Wonderful to hear! I imagine the Leslie Street Spit has grown more this year than it has in any previous year. Amazing how much substrate has been busted up in this city and transfered to its new lakeside home these past months, and there's still two and a half more months of 2007 to go...

or returned to its lakeside home

But everybody loves OCAD!

I hate OCAD. The school, not the building. The building is great. Although I do know some current students that hate the building; and from experience it's not the easiest place to find a class room.
Back to Mars phase II: I'm having a had time trying to find out who designed the new building. Anyone know?
(Internal though I should've edited: You think with the success of TDCCBR that someone else in this city would hire Behnisch. And you would think this would be the perfect place. But what do I know. The new design looks good enough.)

^^I believe the latest design was done by edit * Behnish und Hassenfritzelstein. Ja.

OCAD-i think the result is fine, but the interior spaces are very institutional and done on the extreme side of cheap...its understandable, but nonetheless a shame. Hopefully when they have some more money they can redo the interiors. Although, I have heard from people I know, that the new building OCAD recently purchased on Duncan, will eventually contain the Design departments- freeing up the box for new environments/spaces.

p5

Back