Toronto Legacy, Ultra, and Yorkland at Heron's Hill | ?m | 40s | Mattamy Homes | Graziani + Corazza

Suite in the podium

I also purchased a suite in the podium (right above the retail, actually). I could be wrong, but I don't think they decide what kind of retail units go in until the building mgmt takes over?

I also purchased a suite in the podium (right above the retail, actually). I could be wrong, but I don't think they decide what kind of retail units go in until the building mgmt takes over?

I believe you're right. Nothing will go into the retail until the building is complete. I was just wondering if anyone had any speculation as to what kind of retail stores would be going on? Like would there be any chance of any small restaurants going in or fast food establishments such as a pizza place? Or would it be strictly retail, such as clothing, or dry cleaners and convenient stores etc. etc.

In any case i agrees with seesus and hope they only go with reputable retailers to upkeep the appearance of Legacy.

Monarch will lease the retails units much closer to the occupancy date to maximize value and contstruct any necessary customized details when the building is near completion.

I believe you're right. Nothing will go into the retail until the building is complete. I was just wondering if anyone had any speculation as to what kind of retail stores would be going on? Like would there be any chance of any small restaurants going in or fast food establishments such as a pizza place? Or would it be strictly retail, such as clothing, or dry cleaners and convenient stores etc. etc.

In any case i agrees with seesus and hope they only go with reputable retailers to upkeep the appearance of Legacy.

Yes, there could be small restaurants like a Pizza Pizza or a Subway or a sushi shop or whatever. Certain types of retail can be predicted, even coaxed into existence, through the design of the retail spaces. Large vs small units, deep vs shallow, corner spots vs midblock, the quality of the materials and plumbing and back rooms and ventilation and whatnot, the state of free parking nearby, the ability to customize the spaces either during construction or after, the quality and size and visibility of signage, etc. Zoning, licences, and so on, can also prevent some businesses from opening there. The retail is virtually guaranteed to be stuff serving the local community, at least for the first few years and until a different of retail atmosphere evolves along Sheppard (if it ever does).

i heard that Ultra is now 70% sold! Is this true?? why haven't they started construction already? are they waiting for Legacy to be complete before starting Ultra?

i heard that Ultra is now 70% sold! Is this true?? why haven't they started construction already? are they waiting for Legacy to be complete before starting Ultra?

Argos - just curious where did you get this 70% from ? understanding that tentative occupancy is not until mid - late 2012, and the way they have slacked on this project - Its not surprising that they haven't started construction even if the 70% is correct - however i highly doubt 70% is a correct number. All of the floor plans on their website are listed at the moment on their current inventory listing.

Argos - just curious where did you get this 70% from ? understanding that tentative occupancy is not until mid - late 2012, and the way they have slacked on this project - Its not surprising that they haven't started construction even if the 70% is correct - however i highly doubt 70% is a correct number. All of the floor plans on their website are listed at the moment on their current inventory listing.

All it took was a phone call to the sales office, so i'm pretty confident that my source is correct. Btw, the floorplans on the website are not kept up to date. Pretty much all the 1bdrm units are sold in the Tower of Ultra.

All it took was a phone call to the sales office, so i'm pretty confident that my source is correct. Btw, the floorplans on the website are not kept up to date. Pretty much all the 1bdrm units are sold in the Tower of Ultra.
Then you must be right !!! being a devils advocate, could that be a part of the sales pitch from the builder to make the potential buyers more anxious !? just wondering how dependable the sales team's statement could be as far as the total sale numbers go for a pre con condo.

Amazing you mention that Monarch hasnt updated the website for Ultra - as i have seen they are pretty efficient in updating it for some other projects.

Then you must be right !!! being a devils advocate, could that be a part of the sales pitch from the builder to make the potential buyers more anxious !? just wondering how dependable the sales team's statement could be as far as the total sale numbers go for a pre con condo.

Amazing you mention that Monarch hasnt updated the website for Ultra - as i have seen they are pretty efficient in updating it for some other projects.

I know for a fact that 557 has been sold out for about a month now, so it does seem that Monarch has been slow to update their site for this project. About a month ago, they told me they were 65% sold. I counted the unsold units according to their pricelist and it was pretty close to 65%. 5% over the past month is about 20 units sold.

I know for a fact that 557 has been sold out for about a month now, so it does seem that Monarch has been slow to update their site for this project. About a month ago, they told me they were 65% sold. I counted the unsold units according to their pricelist and it was pretty close to 65%. 5% over the past month is about 20 units sold.

This seems like a huge success for this Monarch's project. Even though not much publicity noise is being made as opposed to Emerald City, With least advertising that has been done for Ultra and is yet to be built with tentative occupancy in dec.2012 - i think this one is going pretty sound !!! thumbs up !!

Daily Commercial News

This should relief you Ultra (phase 2) owners with an info update ... I wish to clarify that the 'start' and 'complete' dates quotes below refers only to a stage of the development (ie: working drawings)

The first time news is heard on the 3rd tower @ Heron's Hill :)

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BUILDING
Proj: 9083642-6
North York, Metro Toronto Reg ON
NEGOTIATED/WORKING DRAWINGS
Ultra at Heron Hill Condominiums Phase Two, 2045 Sheppard Ave E, M2J 1V6
$66,000,000 est

Start: January, 2010

Complete: 2012

Note: Working drawings are ongoing. Sales and marketing are underway. Const Mgr will invite Sub trade pricing sequentially as needed. Schedules for Sub trade awards and construction will be finalized based on occupancy early 2010. Further update early 2010.

Project: concrete foundation, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of a condominium apartment building with a podium. This is the second phase of development on the Heron Hill site. The project will have energy conservation features such as high efficiency furnaces and green roof.

Scope: 41,000 m²; 38 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 415 units; parking for 700 cars

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services

http://www.dcnonl.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=2751e64192cf7290cd6b130ad36b42756282a529&projectid=9083642&region=ontario

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BUILDING
Proj: 1315136-15
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
NEGOTIATED/PLANNING
Ultra at Heron's Hill Condominiums Phase Three, 2045 Sheppard Ave E, M2J
$66,300,000 est

Note: Preliminary design is complete. Sales and marketing are underway. Schedules for Working drawings, tender for Sub trades and construction will be determined based on sales and construction of Phases One and Two, report numbers 9053642 and 9083642. Further update early 2010.

Project: proposed construction of a 30 storey condominium apartment with 415 units and a podium at grade. The podium will house retail and office space.

Scope: 53,000 m²; 30 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 415 units; parking for 450 cars

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services; Commercial offices

First report Fri Aug 27, 2004. Last report Mon May 04, 2009.
This report Fri Aug 28, 2009.

http://www.dcnonl.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=baa7da4fb71e05cf49f5482d2c03b8d901ac486a&projectid=1315136&region=ontario

Back