Hamilton King William Urban Rentals | 97.56m | 30s | LIUNA | Graziani + Corazza

Seems this isn't launching with any ground floor retail tenants. Perhaps they'll fill up quickly though with a hope to open for summer 2024 seeing as the destination is quite desirable. That being said, not a good sign of summer being filled with much since they have lease signs up in the window at launch.
1000004265.jpg

Just pretend the south side doesn't exist for now lol..

and man.. we NEVER liked the cobalt corner building - none of them they proposed.. I remember on SSP we actually tried to photoshop our own versions to look better, and clearly they didn't even like their own versions as they kept changing the final result.. the white just looks like cinderblock from far away sadly.. but.. it's still better than the other proposals they had.. still, between the right house and the newly renovated Olympia club, it just doesn't feel like it measures up. The brown brick part with the black cornice beside the Olympia club is at least a BIT better.. but yeah.. need a more impressive cornice to measure up to the buildings on each side of it.. oh well.. they tried, and we thank them for not putting in a generic glass podium at least, even if I am sure this was very much a learning experience for them on several fronts. Let's hope they learn from it.

Also needs some uplighting like the buildings on either side have too, maybe that would help. Was uplighting never installed on it? Seems odd..

Photo from the east mountain. At 30 storeys, it's nice that the buildings don't interfere with the view of the top of the escarpment on the other side of the Dundas Valley (needlessly provocative comment fully intentional) :) But also, really nice addition to the skyline that these buildings bring!

431485893_334180022408722_4365769459861274575_n.jpg

Once design District is up and The Rebecca along with 73 Hughson St North, this view will look impressive.

I still don't get why the grey stone has blotchy patches all over it... is that dirt? Cement? What is that?

I still don't get why the grey stone has blotchy patches all over it... is that dirt? Cement? What is that?
Maybe an attempt to age the blocks? Might just be dirt. The McMaster residence has underside metal panels that are clearly dusty from sitting somewhere dusty and they're likely not going to be cleaned. These smaller details are often missed. Like the Marquee building still missing a panel over the garage entrance.... That bothers me to no end.

Maybe an attempt to age the blocks? Might just be dirt. The McMaster residence has underside metal panels that are clearly dusty from sitting somewhere dusty and they're likely not going to be cleaned. These smaller details are often missed. Like the Marquee building still missing a panel over the garage entrance.... That bothers me to no end.
I seriously hope it's just dirt and not an attempt to "age" the blocks - a new building should look new and age naturally..

and yeah little details like that bother me too.. IN CASE IT WASN'T OBVIOUS hahaha... I mean, look at the top of the white one on the corner.. it just looks.. filthy..

*goes in with a powerwasher*

Back