Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

It's on Temperance & Richmond, north of FCP.

Edit: you're right, taal. 66 Temperance is Bay & Temperance, according to googlemaps. I'm pretty sure the actual site is Temperance and Sheppard, though.

Last edited:
Where is this suppose to be built "66 TEMPERANCE ST" ?

I believe this location is where the Sapphire Tower was supposed to be build.I also think before that it was approved for a 50-60 storey condo tower that never developed.
Lets hope these Israelians have the bank backing or money to make it happen this time around.

Last edited:
I believe this locotion is where the Sapphire Tower was supposed to be build.I also think before that it was approved for a 50-60 storey condo tower that never developed.
Lets hope these Israelians have the bank backing or money to make it happen this time around.

It is the Sapphire Tower site. I think I saw the green C of A signs at the site.
I also imagine the storey count on the notice is missing things like amenity floors, lobby floors, etc, so it doesn't add up to 52.

Someone should swing by the C of A office and check it out. I would, but I'm lazy...

If it's still an Israeli developer behind it, maybe it should have a yarmulke on top. Beats swiss cheese

I wonder if the 187.5 m proposed height is to the top of the 52 storeys (quite often planning docs use this "occupied" height and mention "total" height only once).

3 levels of mechanical would push this near 200 metres. Only The Shadow knows for sure.

Found out the results of the C of A hearing on December 3: Approved with Conditions. The height has been reduced to 51 storeys (178.75 m), distributed as follows:

Five levels of underground parking
Ground floor - Loading / Lobbies
2 - Service / Back of House
3 - Office Reception / Restaurant
4 - Business Centre
5 - Structure Transfer
6 to 22 - Offices
23 - Mechanical / Amenities
24 - Hotel Back of House
25 to 32 - Hotel Suites
33 to 51 - Residential Floors
Mechanical Room
Machine Room
Upper Mechanical Room

The plans call the project "Canada Tower"

The conditions of approval include:

- Knock out panels for a potential future connection to PATH;
- Amend the existing Section 37 agreement (no $$$ given);
- Revise the development to address the recommendations of a Pedestrian Level Wind Study (not sure what these revisions are);
- A minimum of 200 bicycle parking spaces;
- Continuous weather protection with a minimum depth of 3 m on Temperance Street and Sheppard Street (to be detailed through Site Plan Approval);
- Agree to improve the watermain on Shepapard;
- Agree to private refuse collection for the retail component;
- Site Plan Agreement: prepare, implement and maintain a valet parking, drop-off and loading Management Plan;
- The Management Plan will also describe the parking, loading and drop-off facilities within the building.

The variance relating to the number of and types of loading spaces was withdrawn by the applicant at the hearing. Originally the applicant was only proposing two Type B spaces, but the City wants a Type G loading space, as well as the Type B spaces.

Sorry, no pics of the elevations.

Last edited:
This is a very tight site at the intersection of two tiny streets. Temperance Street is currently one way west and Sheppard St. is two way and perpetually clogged because of illegaly parked cars. They should make Sheppard St. one way north from Adelaide to Richmond.

They were able to get more height than the original Downtown Plaza proposal. Is this really a great location for hotel though. Maybe a small boutique given it is only 8 floors and small site.

hmm,

according to that report it will only be retail/hotel/condos ... no offices.
That's not correct is it?

Back