Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

Skyline Tower sounds better than Canada Tower, but what do I know, I'm no Lawrence Ayliffe.

Skyline will now be selling this site as the project has become unfeasible. Credit & the economy are the problem and after paying $30M for the site the carrying costs are too high not to develop it.

yey!

Hopefully we'll get something more prominent here now. In time though.

If you mean more height by more prominent than prepare to be disappionted.

No, I am aware of the issues with height on this site.

I mean I feel there should be a significant office competent on this site!

Rumour had it that after the 1000ft.Sapphire Tower got rejected by the city.Stinson was going to re-indrudce that 80-100 storey pyramid looking building for that same location.Later on he took this failed plan to Hamilton and we all know what happened.

I dont know if that pyramid supertall would have created much of a shadow on City Hall?

Daily Commercial News

Makes you wonder if there's a curse on the former Sapphire Tower site ~

CONDO APARTMENT BLDG, COMMERCIAL OFFICE, RETAIL
Proj: 9074840-6
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
PREPARING PLANS
66 Temperance St, Bay and Richmond Sts, M5H
$50,000,000 est

Note: This project has been placed on hold at the Owner. Municipal Council approvals for zoning have been finalized. Preliminary design is underway at the Arch. Owner expects schedules for Working drawings, tender and construction will be set pending improved market conditions. Further update Spring, 2010.
Efficiency Engineering Ltd is the LEED Consultant on the project.

Project: proposed construction of a mixed-use building. The project will be 55 storeys and may include commercial and office space and a residential component. This building will be an environmentally friendly project designed to achieve LEED Gold certification.

Scope: 400,000 square feet; 55 storeys

Development: New

Category: Commercial offices; Retail, wholesale services; Shopping centres, plazas, malls

First report Fri Dec 21, 2007. Last report Wed Jan 21, 2009.
This report Wed Oct 07, 2009.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=d28c83f5b1190188bd19b22fd6bb0adf6d7cee3c&projectid=9074840&region=ontario

I would put it on hold as well, considering the demand for Comm is fairly low these days...companies aren't exactly growing in leaps and bounds at the moment, except maybe for my company MPAC and other recession proof commercial ventures.

Yeah and the city would then only allow a luxury condo and even that market is a bit over saturated.

70 Temperance - mixed use (Bay & Richmond, Blackstone?, 55s)

This just appeared in the Daily Commercial News:

http://www.dailycommercialnews.ca/c...0adf6d7cee3c&projectid=9074840&region=ontario

CONDO APARTMENT BLDG, COMMERCIAL OFFICE, RETAIL Proj: 9074840-8

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON WORKING DRAWINGS
70 Temperance St, Bay and Richmond Sts, M5H
$50,000,000 est
Start: October, 2010 Complete: 2012

Note: Owner is seeking City Council site plan approvals. Preliminary Working drawings are underway. Owner expects tender for Gen Cont and construction schedules will be set Summer/Fall, 2010 pending approvals. Further update mid-June, 2010.
Efficiency Engineering Ltd is the LEED Consultant on the project. Address for the project has changed.

Project: structural steel frame, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of a mixed-use building. The project will be 55 storeys and may include commercial and office space and a residential component. This building will be an environmentally friendly project designed to achieve LEED Gold certification.

Scope: 400,000 square feet; 55 storeys
Development: New
First report Fri Dec 21, 2007. Last report Fri Nov 20, 2009.
This report Thu Mar 18, 2010.

As usual, the numbers can't be right. At 400,000 square feet and 55 storeys it would be an extraordinarily skinny tower.

Last edited:
I wonder if the city would allow it, or if the shadowing concerns over NPS would kill it. Really, it would be hard to argue against it when BA is right across the street, but in this city you never know

I wonder if the city would allow it, or if the shadowing concerns over NPS would kill it. Really, it would be hard to argue against it when BA is right across the street, but in this city you never know

Given the position of this tower, and assuming that it'll be a little shorter than BA, I'd think that it would be almost totally engulfed by the shadows coming off of Scotia, Trump, and BA. Something around 200 metres seems possible.

My bigger priority is that they don't touch Sterling Tower.

Last edited:

Back