Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

It's netting.

What a huge embarrassment. The owners of Bell Lightbox must just be cursing the timing of this whole incident.

I really don't think movie stars are going to care or even notice. It serves the owners right for building such a cheap piece of garbage.

I really don't think movie stars are going to care or even notice. It serves the owners right for building such a cheap piece of garbage.

I'm sure Daniels searched out and sourced defective fritted balcony glass for their signature downtown building. Your a true scholar.

Well its nice to see Daniels taking action after one incident instead of waiting for more sheets of glass to fall. Lanterra should have done something like this too. Even Concord-Adex had balconies removed from Matrix after one incident.

Well its nice to see Daniels taking action after one incident instead of waiting for more sheets of glass to fall. Lanterra should have done something like this too. Even Concord-Adex had balconies removed from Matrix after one incident.

* two incidents

Sept 03
I see the netting is not all done and I see broken glass. Didn't have time to get near it.
6111057934_56cb89b4ef_b.jpg

6110514125_e5d8321ea9_b.jpg

I can't get over how HORRIBLE the timing is for this.... the green tarp/wrapping all over the tower, and TIFF is basically here.... HORRIBLE timing! this thing needs to make impressions going into its 2nd year! it;s EMBARRASSING! a brand new building needing to be fixed up!!!!

Cant get over how nice that green looks on that tower.:D:cool:

Its really bizarre, from a distance it does seem to accentuate the tower somewhat. Bizarre in the sense that this is green where talking about here, the color almost all of us are sick of seeing on our buildings. Must be because of the deeper shade.

Obviously, up close when you can see the tarp it looks terrible.

Last edited:
That pic drum posted would suggest that the issue is with the glass itself, not the mountings.

And as for the wrap, I don't think it's a big deal. Once they get the whole building covered, people won't notice it and it doesn't look bad anyway. It really depends on how much the media draws attention to it.

I still prefer the milky white colour of the glass though.

Back