Toronto CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex | Francisco Gazitua

Lots of work went into this ramp. However, judging from the next two pictures, it will be hard for a wheelchair to access the ramp. It has one (maybe two steps) to negotiate.

There won`t be steps once complete.

I was referring to the ``one or two steps```mentioned above. I don`t know whether or not there will be direct staircase access to bypass the ramp.

I was referring to the ``one or two steps```mentioned above. I don`t know whether or not there will be direct staircase access to bypass the ramp.

I sure hope they designed a staircase on the front street side to bypass the ramp because pedestrians will use this bridge more than bikes.

For the Braided Strands design, we made sure to incorporate such features. It would be such a further cheap out by Concord if they don't do it.

I sure hope they designed a staircase on the front street side to bypass the ramp because pedestrians will use this bridge more than bikes.

For the Braided Strands design, we made sure to incorporate such features. It would be such a further cheap out by Concord if they don't do it.

There will be no staircase on the east side, as there no sidewalk or a place to cross the road safely. There is a $ value and Concord not willing to pay for it.

The ramp conforms with standards for accessibility related to the slope and there is no steps for it at the bottom of it. There is a street level grade at the bottom of the ramp that you will find at all intersections today. The concrete was not pour the day I was there, as the framing was removed due to a mud hole. There needs to be some gravel base there first before that pad can be pour. It could be pour now and will have a look when I am down there on Friday.

That ramp will be a bitch once ice and snow get on it, especially for the accessibility people. No idea who is responsible for clear it and it could no one is. Use at your own risk.

The pictures of the formwork are all on here, you can see that there were no heat tracers in it. Not to mention you'd need a place for the mechanical, and then someone would have to pay to run the thing.

The pictures of the formwork are all on here, you can see that there were no heat tracers in it. Not to mention you'd need a place for the mechanical, and then someone would have to pay to run the thing.

Different systems, no water, boiler or mechanical....just a high amperage 220 volt feed, which would have been no problem assuming there will be lighting on this ramp/bridge....it will work out a lot more expensive if they get sued, then running this thing. Dont get it:confused:

I was walking over the Bathurst bridge at around 10 am this morning and i saw 2 people in jogging attire looking east towards the Puente de Luz site, walking past i overheard just one line of their conversation, and figured it was funny enough to share.....i guess the guy talking must watch Boardwalk Empire because he turned to his friend and said "Yea they are supposed to finish construction this weekend, it's called the Paz de la Huerte Bridge". I couldnt stop laughing even after i got on the streetcar...

I was walking over the Bathurst bridge at around 10 am this morning and i saw 2 people in jogging attire looking east towards the Puente de Luz site, walking past i overheard just one line of their conversation, and figured it was funny enough to share.....i guess the guy talking must watch Boardwalk Empire because he turned to his friend and said "Yea they are supposed to finish construction this weekend, it's called the Paz de la Huerte Bridge". I couldnt stop laughing even after i got on the streetcar...

:D That is excellent.. But why the name Puente de Luz?

There will be no staircase on the east side, as there no sidewalk or a place to cross the road safely. There is a $ value and Concord not willing to pay for it.

The ramp conforms with standards for accessibility related to the slope and there is no steps for it at the bottom of it. There is a street level grade at the bottom of the ramp that you will find at all intersections today. The concrete was not pour the day I was there, as the framing was removed due to a mud hole. There needs to be some gravel base there first before that pad can be pour. It could be pour now and will have a look when I am down there on Friday.

That ramp will be a bitch once ice and snow get on it, especially for the accessibility people. No idea who is responsible for clear it and it could no one is. Use at your own risk.

I wasnt talking about another bridge across to the north side of Front, just a staircase to the south side of Front from the bridge.

I wasnt talking about another bridge across to the north side of Front, just a staircase to the south side of Front from the bridge.

Where do I say there has to be a new bridge?

The staircase has to start at the top landing of the ramp that will be on the east side of it. It would run east along the south side of Front that has no sidewalk nor a safe place to cross the road.

As for a snow melting system in the ramp, I never saw anything for any type of system being installed before concrete was pour. Again, an extra cost to do so. At the same time, with all sides of the ramp exposed to the cold weather, a lot harder to to do as well where do you get the high amperage 220 volt feed?

I do agree there should be some kind of snow melting system for this ramp.

What time's the lift tonight?

I guess it will be the same as the first section, as you are connecting to the first section over live rail. Its a safety prevention encase something goes wrong in joining the 2 section together.

Will we see the local CN peddler show up tonight like it did the last time at 2:30 am? If so, it will use the mainline corridor.

almost done!

Attachments

• Sept 10.jpg
    Sept 10.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 300

Back