Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

When I lived on Bay Street in the late 90's it was a practically a ghost town on the sidewalk except during rush hour, over the past several years I've also noticed it getting busier and busier with foot traffic. By the end of the decade it'll be a good thing that they have wide sidewalks along the street!

Bay Street can be noisy if your facing it, and if there's a building across from your windows. Trucks, buses and cars echo up the buildings - trucks and buses being the absolute worst noise offenders of course. On lower floors, forget about enjoying any quiet relaxing time on your balcony.

Bay street does have faster moving traffic flow than Yonge along with it's fair share of constant construction, but at it's core, i'd say both are equally as noisy in different aspects. Yonge has it's pedestrian traffic and for the most part, i wouldnt want to be facing the Yonge stretch of lowrise shops that extend from almost Dundas to Bloor, it's nasty

speaking of balcnies, i'm tend to be anti-balcony when it comes to city living, i don't find them necessary unless they're on higher floors, and from a design POV, i find balconies can get in the way. floor to ceiling, edge to edge glass is where it's at :D

Bay street does have faster moving traffic flow than Yonge along with it's fair share of constant construction, but at it's core, i'd say both are equally as noisy in different aspects. Yonge has it's pedestrian traffic and for the most part, i wouldnt want to be facing the Yonge stretch of lowrise shops that extend from almost Dundas to Bloor, it's nasty

My second apartment downtown was in the Plaza II apartments above The Bay at Yonge & Bloor. We had a south-west corner 2 bedroom on the 16th floor with 2 windows that faced west (kitchen and dining room) and 3 windows that faced south (living room & the 2 bedrooms) over Bloor Street, plus I was fairly close to Yonge back when it was one of the busiest intersections by day and night. Honestly, living there near that intersection was absolutely the quietest place downtown that I have lived in. I never heard street noise except sirens, but only barely. We only moved because we decided to go the condo route which eventually took us to Bay & Grosvenor (Opera Place phase 1) once it was built. We bought a S/W corner 2 bedroom on the 6th floor & the traffic noise there was unbearable. We sold and moved 10 months later.

This is how close we lived to the intersection in the Plaza II, taken during the Pride parade in 1996 from the west facing dining room window -

yonge-bloor-summer1996.jpg

There's a whole lot to like about this building, in my opinion. From the great job they did with the historic building, to the beautiful, tall, angular glass at the podium, to the parallelogram shape of the building, to the way the balconies overhang the tower, and the great finial at the top, to the choice of glass colour.

I think it deserves an A+

i dunno, this tower is amazing filler, and very sharp looking, i just wish the cladding and cladding colour was a bit more interesting, kinda dull looking grey

Taken yesterday, not a whole lot to be said, amazing filler, that's it :)

7473429382_75e145a955_b.jpg

7473456860_3432087df4_b.jpg

7473443568_4b5d461085_b.jpg

I think he means filler as in "it fills a gap in the streetwall really well"

How is a skyscraper "filler?" That's an absurd comment. If anything, a small 2s building is "filler" aka infill.

i only say that cause from the East/West it barely makes in impact cause it's blocked so much by the Murano towers, it also doesn't help that they're the same colour as well, so it sorta blends-in to them

filler probably wasn't the best word, more like adding to the cluster

Back