Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

HDR photo with Burano peeking through taken today:

lvbEX.jpg

The top level of that parking structure is very popular for us here at UT

I was driving down Bay the other day around dusk and the light reflection on Burano was stunning. It certainly stole the show!

UNfortunalte,y some of that light might be blocked when the Ontario government builds its new tower at 800 Bay, right across the street.

Like many new all-glass buildings this, and it's siblings across the street, look stunning and reflective in the right light (golden hour in particular), but unfortunately look like grey opaque muck in the wrong light (strong direct sunlight). The addition of drapes and blinds will only make that worse.

1807379_1_bi.jpeg

Burano Condos photo facing North on Bay Street from College Park Condos!

Have seen a few units inside and the night view facing South from a higher floor (lots of floor to ceiling windows) must be spectacular the way it "leans" out over Bay Street.

I walked by this the other day. They did a nice job on the outside. The inside is typical Lanterra cheapness. Saw a few units for rent/sale and the finishes look like they're from 2002.

Have seen a few units inside and the night view facing South from a higher floor (lots of floor to ceiling windows) must be spectacular the way it "leans" out over Bay Street.

i agree. not to mention, it's pretty unobstructed since the North-West/South West corners of Bay/College are relatively low-rise.

building in the middle of the street, kinda like what Shangri-la has to University, Burano has to Bay.

Except that Burano's lozenge-shaped tower responds to the view terminus possibilities offered by the little jog in Bay Street, whereas Chancre-La offers its weakest face to the only perspective that offers the top-to-toe money-shot.

Back